2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Cheap Cheap Cheap
By firefly67 on 05/31/08 12:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We've had our 2006 Rav4 Limited 4WD for less than one year - the back seat stitching is already coming apart. It's uncomfortable for both me and my husband to drive more than an hour, no matter how we try to adjust the seat. The plastic dashboard is just cheap - everything about the car, except the price, appears cheap. We love Toyotas but will definitely re-think before we buy toyota again.

I love Toyota!
By Marlyss on 05/15/08 07:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It does about 22 miles in town and 28 or 29 on the highway. It has a real smooth ride, and we do like Toyota. This Rav has been really good mechanically and visually. Mine is an automatic, 4-door, with sun/moon roof. What sold me was being able to take off from a dead stop, into traffic, without hesitation. That's important to me, having driven so much in Milwaukee and fast traffic. It also turns on a dime. The steering is quite excellent, and I can turn really sharp, to fit into and get out of tight spots when parked parallel. People are always stopping me to ask about mileage, maintenance, and how much I like it. I tell them I love it! It is fun to drive and we think it's great!

2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited
By Claudette Longest on 05/14/08 17:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The noise level is really annoying to me on the interstate. I enjoy listening to the radio and just have to turn it off because of road noise. Also it rides like a truck. I expected more comfort. I guess I was spoiled by my last Camry.

No more Toyotas
By gina on 04/26/08 13:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

There is something very wrong with this car. The list of problems with this car is huge. It grinds, growls, shifts hard, steers hard, and every time I go in for an oil change I have to replace or repair something. I have replaced steering column, and it needs to be replaced again, I replaced battery, front brakes, rear brakes, air filter, fuel filter and all the pricey tune-ups. Replaced spark plugs, wires, and right now I am so sick of Toyota, this was a new car.

Love my RAV
By CEBKY on 02/25/08 10:27 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best car I've every owned. I loved my Scion tC also, but didn't feel as safe as my RAV4. I want to drive this car forever!

Could Be Better
By JRG on 01/13/08 20:05 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Ride is too rough and bumpy/ Highway noise very loud on most pavements..have to raise volume on radio/ Paint job inadequate...peels off very easily especially around bumper and fenders/ Gas mileage: 16mpg all city driving... alot of stop and go and between 24 and 27 on highway at 65 to 70mph/ Problems with steering column (Replaced)/ Hard to handle when passing another vehicle on highway...wants to go out of control/ I am just waiting to build some equity on this vehicle to buy something else.

Poor design
By Ron on 01/02/08 20:49 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've now owned three Rav's and every one has developed a creeky noise in the windshield and this one has a leak at the top of the windshield. The rear compartment has a light in the door which points away from the interior when it is opened. The compartment is dark. The rear door opens sideways which offers no cover from the elements and rear visibility is poor. The ABS works poorly on ice and snow. It pumped my foot off the brake pedal. The all wheel drive doesn't work well to get me out of my driveway. No way would I buy another. The dealer has been very helpful and pleasant to work with. But they haven't been able to fix the windshield problems. Think I may switch to Subaru.

Jiggle all the way
By poggi on 11/09/07 08:05 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased my Rav in June 06. At the time, I too was very excited about my new car as are many of the posters for the new 08 model. After almost a year and a half am ready to trade it in. The fit and finish are very good. Reliability has been excellent. My main problem is the ride. It seems that I can feel every crack in the road. Going over bumbs in the road is torture.The ride is harsh to put it mildly. I traded a Subaru Outback for the Rav, the Subie's ride was much better than the Rav's.

Wouldnt buy again
By mikeyCT on 11/02/07 15:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Rav for over a year now (16,000 mi). I can't say I'm all that impressed. I had very high expectations for my first Toyota, but have found it to just be a lot of hype. If I could do it again I wouldn't buy this car.

Poor Design
By Rear hatch design on 10/26/07 13:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After driving this Rav4 Limited for 32000 miles I recently noticed that when it rains all my stuff in the rear compartment gets wet when the door is opened. Also there is no rear dome light. The light was put in the door which when open shines the light away from the compartment. A representative said it was a bad design and suggested I switch to a Highlander. Toyota should reconsider this rear hatch design. Honda has with its CR-V. I love everything else about the car. Please to Toyota make some changes. At least figure out a way I can add on a dome light.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.