Used 2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Rav4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Awesome SUV - Go Toyota!
By Patricia

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Vehicle is brand new and I absolutely am loving it. I have wanted a RAV4 for a very long time, and since the redesign for 2006 I had to test drive it and that's all it took. The "SPORT" is the way to go w/18" tires. You give up the power driver seat & 3rd row seating but its a much better driving experience. Now my 1999 Camry is very jealous!

Favorite Features

Everything!!

Suggested Improvements

Make "standard" elecric drivers seat.

Rav4 '06 Sport
By Mike

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

While the sticker price is a little higher than the competition, the Rav4 has such good resale that we decided it was the best, and the least expensive option with a bigger engine. Ours has a black interior, which gets to looking a little dirtier than a tan or gray, but when it's clean it certainly does look sharp. As to the power, it really is fun and amazing.

Favorite Features

The engine is my favorite feature. The stereo sounds very good too. If you have an iPod, you should know that there's an auxiliary audio input so you can plug directly into the stereo and hear gig's worth of tunes. The Sport model has larger wheels that look pretty snazzy as well.

Suggested Improvements

The front passenger seat could use more "toe room".

I don't know...
By JOMEN

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After a long hard decision making, I picked the RAV4 believing that I'll get good gas mileage as advertised and overall good quality, hey its a toyota. After a month of using it mostly on highways the most I got was 19 mpg. The suspension is very disappointing, very stiff, the clock placement, the kick you feel as you shift from reverse to drive, engine noise, tire noise, idle noise, the small knobs for the stereo are all negative factors. I'll just finish the lease and say bye-bye.

Favorite Features

Cargo space, exterior style.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage and suspension

Highly recommend!
By Nicole

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my RAV4! I have had great experience with Toyota cars and was watching the RAV4 for a few years, but was disappointed in the rear seat and cargo space - until the 2006 model! The back seat space is awesome, and the seats even recline. The cargo space with the seats up is excellent, and with the seats down, it's hard to believe it's a "small" SUV. The audio system is excellent, ABS is standard, as is traction control, and the hamdling is responsive and nimble. I even went on a trip in March and got 34 mpg! Great car!

Favorite Features

The stow-away space in the rear is great, and a full-size spare is a real plus. All of the interior controls are easy to use and convenient. Also love the flexibility of the rear seats - move forward, back, and recline. The standard auxillary jack for MP3 players/iPods is awesome!

Suggested Improvements

Would be really nice if all models came standard with fog lights, and an MP3 compatible CD player.

Almost perfect...
By stephanie

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wanted a mid-size SUV and hated everything out there except Rav4. Stylish outside and high-tech inside. Other comparable vehicles out there did not match up. I wanted a luxury vehicle without the luxury price. The Rav4 is almost perfect.

Favorite Features

Blizzard pearl color is beautiful, such a girly color. Drives like a car, not an SUV.

Suggested Improvements

#1 Navagation is not an option. #2 The antenna is ugly! Update this please! #3 When the gas is low, the car does not beep. The little light is hard to see if you are not looking for it. #4 Does not automatically lock doors when car is in motion. #5 Does not beep to let you know lights left on.