2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Surprisingly Large Compact SUV
By juhoney76 on 01/25/06 00:49 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

06 RAV4 is selling really fast! five RAV4 were available when I went to the dealer. It has sufficient low end torque. Also, getting to 80mph is a breeze. The newly designed interior is beautifully modern. I never considered buying a RAV4 because of its small size. But, 06 RAV4 is definitely worth a look for its car-like handling, peppy engine, beautiful interior, larger space and gas mileage.

It's what i expected
By darksecret on 01/15/06 15:54 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The look of the new RAV4 is very nice, much better than the previous models. The fuel economy is great.

RAV4 loves the snow
By rustinginvermont on 01/15/06 03:34 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The day I bought our 2006 RAV4, brought heavy wet snow. I momentarily got stuck in the driveway in nine inches of nearly frozen slush. It took the 4WD LOCK switch to get out but it worked like a charm. It snows nearly every day (during winter of course) where we live in Vermont. This vehicle makes you feel like you can go 100 mph on snow and ice covered roads. (no we're not that dumb) Now that it is big enough for us (two carseats) we are happy to be driving a RAV once again. My six foot three inch friend was very comfortable in the back seat behind my driver's seat which was slid all the way back.The 4 cyl. is more engine than anyone would ever need. Get an 8cyl. truck if you want to plow snow

New Rav 4
By jays5 on 01/14/06 16:42 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just got our new rav 4 today. It is a tremendous inprovement over the 2002 model we traded which was very good and hard to part with. The ride is much improved. Power is much greater and handling is excellant. Gas mileage seems to be a little better, but is hard to tell at this point. Rear set and cargo space is greatly increased. We like the additonal safety features including standard ABS brakes, an actual rear bumper and the optional side air bags as well.

Wow
By sean20202020 on 01/09/06 17:14 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After considering CR-V, Tucson, Sportage. I got 4 cyl, AWD, Base, a couple od days ago in Canada. It's so rock solid and precise. Nice quality. Everything is tighten. Big enough for 2 kids and 2 adults. Engine room looks well organized. I can see what quality means. I recommend to anybody who wants this size and quality SUV. If you're a Honda fan, you may wait until all new CR-V come out this summer and see. But I won't regret.

Whole new level above
By Mike on 01/04/06 16:42 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife has been driving an 03 Rav4 limited 4WD since getting it new and has been very happy with it. And I wanted one also. So when the 06 was announced I thought we should go check it out. Well I was blown away at the improvements Toyota made with this new RAV4. We bought it for a few % above what the 03 cost us even though both were loaded. Everything about the design is impressive. The size and MPG it gets are hard to believe. The inside styling on the L version is really nice. The general feel of the vehicle is fantastic

The RAV 4 Limited for 2006 is great!!!
By DawnM on 01/01/06 19:26 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is wonderful. I previously have owned a 2003 RAV 4 L, and still like it very much. The 2006 model, is really very well designed and a lot of fun to drive. The improvements over the 2003 model include a nice feature of automatic fold-down seats in the passenger area, and more interior room. We will enjoy both cars very much.

A Wonderful Car
By SCheng on 12/31/05 18:56 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have been waiting to get a 2006 RAV4. It is well worth the wait. It is much bigger than the previous design and many comfortable/convenient features in it. The one that we have is a 4-Cyl but it does have some power. I particularily like the 3-row seat. Although it is not too much leg room there, but hey, the 3rd row seat will be there when we need it. Many cup holders. Drives great in the snow. Also, it plays MP3 and WMA CD, as opposed to just regular audio CD (that means you can particularly burn a MP3 CD with over 200-300 songs in ONE CD).

Impressive Compact SUV
By Allen Jackson on 12/30/05 09:22 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a really nice SUV. The new RAV4 is almost now as big inside as the Highlander. Rides likes a Camry, but with the functionality of a SUV. 4 cylinder had plenty of power - 166hp. Fit and finish are very nice. My only hesitation with this SUV is that the rear window does not pop open, as was with the case for previous RAV4s.

It's All Grown Up...
By Jorge on 12/24/05 03:25 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The new RAV4 delivers on its promises. The slight increase in length translates into huge increases in cabin space. The ride on the Sport trim is smooth and comes standard with a lot of detail-oriented amenities that make it worth the additional price.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.