2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
So so
By BigB on 02/18/06 13:39 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This SUV is great until you have to fill it up. It says it is suppose to get 20+ MPG, but I have only gotten 15- 17 MPG, a huge disappointment. If I knew that this was going to happen I probably would of gotten a Ford Escape. Though I do love the traction control like nothing else. On pure ice I have been able to keep control of this baby with no problem. It is absolutely amazing there. Pick up is okay, the driver seat takes a little getting used to feel wise.

good decision
By happydriver on 02/15/06 20:20 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I took a big step by going from a Corolla to a Rav4 but I am convinced I made the right decision. The Rav is excellent from front to back. I did my homework and compared it to CRV but in the end, RAV won. Plenty of space and very comfortable.

New RAV is great
By Joi on 02/11/06 23:57 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We just purchased our Rav 4, It is great. We needed to get a vehicle with a third seat for our extended family. The third seat option is hard to find, but if you want a base model with it order Now! We had to get the limited to get it but we are very happy with it.The 2.4 has plenty of power and is good on gas. The many other features are just a bonus. Good luck in your toyota search!

Love It
By M Stojsavljevic on 02/05/06 13:28 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Excellent vehicle. A little noisy on the road but not annoying. Handles great. Auto. gear shift can move to neutral with a light bump.

I'm in love
By George on 02/05/06 00:42 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this beautiful car and I am really happy with it, it has good power, stability and the looks. The interior on the sport is pretty neat and the sunroof and 18" allow weells make a difference on it. The JBL sound system rocks, if you are looking for a RAV4 invest a little more and get the premium sound, fog lights and sunroof

Returned in 2006
By Sunshine on 02/03/06 18:39 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had and still have a 1996 Rav4. My son drives it and it is still running, so when I needed a new car, I came back. The extra space is great. I would like to see more adjustments available for driver's seat and optional airbags standard equipment, but you can be sure it will still be going strong, long after it's paid for. And they do have good resale value.

Don't Buy 4 Cyl 4WD
By Rob1975 on 02/03/06 16:14 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When I read the reviews last fall, this sounded like a great vehicle. The dealer didn't have any RAVs in stock when I ordered, but I figured the pre-delivery test drive would indicate if I would be happy with it. What a huge mistake and disappointment. I should have test driven where I drive daily. I live in the mountains of Northern AZ (Flag, Prescott area), but I thought 166 horsepower should be adequate in a smaller vehicle. The transmission constantly downshifts on practically every uphill section, which of course is ruining my mileage. Even trying to maximize economy after 1500 miles I have yet to average 20 mpg for even one tank. Not worth $25K for a 4 cyl. Spend the extra $ for V6.

Toyota answers the call!
By rustinginvermont on 01/29/06 03:55 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I would put this 4WD system up against anything on the road for practical driving purposes. 9 inches of snow were no problem even with all season radials. We had a 1999 but it wouldn't fit an infant seat in rearward position of 2nd row without giving up the passenger seat. On the '06, I drive with my seat in furthest rearward position. My 6 ft. 3 inch friend sat behind me with room to spare between. The turning radius on this seems much better than the 1999 RAV4. Didn't check specs. on that. My wife is still thanking me for buying it (since 1/02/2006). Vermont mountain driving conditions can be scary. I'm glad she drives the kids in this.

Owning the RAV4
By Mike Rhodes on 01/27/06 20:32 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I own the Limited 2wd version and am extremely happy with the vehicle. Mileage on first tank of gas was 28 mpg (half city & half highway miles). Acceleration and performance are suberb - drives like a 6 cylinder. Smooth handling and terrific turning radius make this vehicle a real pleasure to drive. Satellite radio is awesome and the JBL sound system is excellent. Road noise is almost non- existent (I bought the Toyoguard that most dealers in the Southeast put on their cars - includes soundproofing which works quite well). The cargo capacity is excellent - much better access and capacity than my '98 Pathfinder. I looked at RX 330's, and for the money the RAV4 is much better value.

Great little SUV
By Alex B. on 01/26/06 19:10 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We wanted reliablity, safety, performance, and style without the price tag. The new Ravs gave us all that.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.