Used 2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Rav4 '06 3.5L 2WD after 3.5k miles
By Calin

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought it for brand reliability, utility and looks. We use to take 10-15 hrs drive roadtrips. Mileage is 16-22 city and 26-30 freeway. It completely depends on how you drive it. If you tend to rev over 2400 rpm when accelerating and over 2000 rpm normal driving you will get low mpg, otherwise you can get the 22/30 mpg. We love it as it is fun to drive at decent mileage and has plenty of space for how it looks from outside. The antenna does not bother you too much. We found the seat cushion ergonomics not so pleasant after 10 hr driving. Seat cushion is too hard and not long enough. A long drive can be uncomfortable.

Huge space for passengers and cargo, outside spare gives plenty of cargo space inside, V6 is fun to drive, looks and finishing quality, visibilty, hopefully reliability and low maintenance cost over the long run.

When you go over bumps is really noisy so do not try it offroad, JBL sound is not the best, work more on mpg improvement, incorporate antenna in back window, work on front cups ergonomics, work on seat cushion ergonomics, work on climate control logic as it tends to take too much control of its own.

Great Decision
By JB

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the car for 6 weeks/1300mi now and am very pleased. The interior is very comfortable and it drives great. The gas mileage is a little lower than I had hoped. So far I have averaged 25-26mpg, 80percent hwy/20percent city. It's been a hot summer so I am hoping it will get better when I can turn the a/c off. Speaking of a/c, it has had trouble keeping up a couple of times when it's 103 degrees out. I live in Texas. Works great most of the time though. I would say the RAV4 definitely looks and feels more expensive than it is. I've seen several people checking it out on the road.

Very comfortable and stylish, spacious, quiet ride, easy to drive.

Sunglasses holder makes glasses VERY hot when parked in the sun, back passenger doors are very lightweight which makes them hard to close from the outside, utility and fun factor would be greatly increased if rear window would open, wish driver's seat would slide back one more inch.

This is a GREAT little car!
By JD

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had trouble with availablity of LTD V6, especially in Everglade Metallic, and so probably paid more than I should have BUT I love this car! I have no regrets having opted for the V6. It has so much pep and, as a result, is a lot of fun to drive. As for the reduced gas mileage, well, think again. I've taken two highway trips so far and both times got 31 mpg. On local mountain roads I'm averaging just over 24 mpg. Needless to say, I'm very pleased. I've not been back to actual stop and go traffic yet, so cannot comment on actual city driving. In sum, this is a great little (not so little anymore) car. I highly recommend it. I'm having a bit of a problem getting the rear seats to go down using the one- touch lever. I'm planning to check it out at dealer with first oil change

Double glove box. Heated mirrors. Acceleration ability.

I would have liked a compass and a different color for instrument panel lights.

Super Cool
By Char

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had 7 toyotas in the last 25 years. Everyone was great. Last car was the 2003 Matrix, it was super. My Rav4 is the best yet. I have driven it for 3 weeks and I am at 1500 miles. Fantastic acceleration.

Speed, lots of space, good sound from the Radio.

Cup holders not stable. Wanted a navigator and a compass.

What a Blast
By browndog

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Head snapping acceleration. Being 6'3" I find there is plenty of room front and back. Just a joy to drive! The standard stereo could be better. The display panel on the stereo and time/temp is impossible to read w/sunglasses on.

V6, interior space

Left hinging tailgate, better padding on the armrests

• SUV