Used 2006 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Great Decision
By JB

2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the car for 6 weeks/1300mi now and am very pleased. The interior is very comfortable and it drives great. The gas mileage is a little lower than I had hoped. So far I have averaged 25-26mpg, 80percent hwy/20percent city. It's been a hot summer so I am hoping it will get better when I can turn the a/c off. Speaking of a/c, it has had trouble keeping up a couple of times when it's 103 degrees out. I live in Texas. Works great most of the time though. I would say the RAV4 definitely looks and feels more expensive than it is. I've seen several people checking it out on the road.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable and stylish, spacious, quiet ride, easy to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Sunglasses holder makes glasses VERY hot when parked in the sun, back passenger doors are very lightweight which makes them hard to close from the outside, utility and fun factor would be greatly increased if rear window would open, wish driver's seat would slide back one more inch.

This is a GREAT little car!
By JD

2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had trouble with availablity of LTD V6, especially in Everglade Metallic, and so probably paid more than I should have BUT I love this car! I have no regrets having opted for the V6. It has so much pep and, as a result, is a lot of fun to drive. As for the reduced gas mileage, well, think again. I've taken two highway trips so far and both times got 31 mpg. On local mountain roads I'm averaging just over 24 mpg. Needless to say, I'm very pleased. I've not been back to actual stop and go traffic yet, so cannot comment on actual city driving. In sum, this is a great little (not so little anymore) car. I highly recommend it. I'm having a bit of a problem getting the rear seats to go down using the one- touch lever. I'm planning to check it out at dealer with first oil change

Favorite Features

Double glove box. Heated mirrors. Acceleration ability.

Suggested Improvements

I would have liked a compass and a different color for instrument panel lights.

Super Cool
By Char

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had 7 toyotas in the last 25 years. Everyone was great. Last car was the 2003 Matrix, it was super. My Rav4 is the best yet. I have driven it for 3 weeks and I am at 1500 miles. Fantastic acceleration.

Favorite Features

Speed, lots of space, good sound from the Radio.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders not stable. Wanted a navigator and a compass.

What a Blast
By browndog

2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Head snapping acceleration. Being 6'3" I find there is plenty of room front and back. Just a joy to drive! The standard stereo could be better. The display panel on the stereo and time/temp is impossible to read w/sunglasses on.

Favorite Features

V6, interior space

Suggested Improvements

Left hinging tailgate, better padding on the armrests

Fun for Mommy and kids
By Marta

2006 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

At first I thought it might be a bit small for my 2 toddlers, but it is so roomy in the back seat a tall person fits comfortably, lots of leg and head room, my kids love it and I agree. The fuel efficiency is excellent, I sometime feel like I am driving a car. It handles great.

Favorite Features

I especially love the MP3 player and the LSD Spin out control.

Suggested Improvements

Make the lumbar support on the seats standard. Better speakers.