2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
2006PacificBlueRav4
By ToyotaOwner98366 on 03/07/06 09:00 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have the 3.5L V6 and it is almost insane how fast this SUV goes. Another remarkable point is this SUV gets 30MPG which nothing else we looked at is even close. The interior design is layed out nicely, has plenty of room and is very comfortable even for my 6'8" friend.

Great SUV
By eleanor on 03/06/06 20:00 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

What a great SUV. I enjoy driving it in all types of weather and on any type of road. Tight turning radius, very good power for a 4 cyl and it has a smooth ride.

My First SUV
By Joseph Greene on 03/05/06 06:43 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the first SUV I have owned. With about 1000 miles on the odometer it's still early but we love it. My wife and I spar over who's going to drive it. It is really fun to drive, very practical and very comfortable. Our other car is a Volvo S80 which we have enjoyed. But the thrill is with the RAV4. We are a little disappointed with our gas mileage. It's running a tad under 20 MPG. We live in Palm Beach County Florida where a lot of driving is stop and go, long traffic lights to wait for heavy traffic on the roads and we haven't had it on the open road except for brief trips on the Turnpike or I95 so the jury is still out. But so far we love the car.

Impressive, fun to drive
By Ed on 03/05/06 03:50 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We traded a 2003 Honda CRV for the impressive Rav4 because of reliability, styling, peppy 4-cyl, room, rear storage.The Honda disappointed when it was in repair for one week with an engine problem. Never happened on the Toyotas I owned before the CRV.

Awesome SUV
By jde_ny on 03/02/06 18:10 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great SUV, car like handling. 4 cylinder engine is powerful. It seem to drive well in snow and steep roads.

2006 Rav4 Sport 4WD
By Ed on 03/02/06 17:24 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought my 06 Rav and so far i'm very happy with it. The interior on the Sport is very nice, the seats are comfortable and supportive. There is almost no road noise in side the cabin, however VSC kicked in more than a few times and was annoying (we have about 6 inch. of snow in Winnipeg , Canada). There is an annoying beeping sound from VSC and there was no need for it to kick in at all. The V6 is very smooth and almost not noticable. It has good power, but not overhwelming like I read in reviews. Overall I'm very satisfied with the vehicle and would definitely recommend it.

You Go Rav!
By bob franks on 03/01/06 20:44 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Agile handling, good gas economy with the inline 4-cyl engine but has plenty of power. Took five hour trip to bring daughter and her new baby home for a visit. Had my mom in front with me, my daughter and wife sat in the back with the baby/carseat in backseat center. Carseat installed easily. Fit our luggage in the well under the rear cargo floor, and filled the cargo area with all the baby paraphenlia with no problem whatsoever. Even with this full load, the 4-cyl had plenty of power for highway driving and it still handled like a dream. Son-in-law loved its rugged look; and we the interior dash is awesome looking - looked at the competitors and RAV beat them all

Excellent car!
By bzktnkorn5 on 03/01/06 16:25 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My family's had a '96 Rav4 for 10 years now, and we love that thing, but now that the new ones have arrived, we love this one even more! Its fun to drive, and its a lot more comfortable than the older model we own. (I've found that on long car trips my legs start hurting because the seats are so stiff, not a problem on this model!)

Happy, excited driver
By Palmetto Lady on 03/01/06 15:46 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My husband is a "car" enthusiast but 15 years ago I started picking and buying my car. My Toyota 4WD Sport RAV 4 is his favorite. We have even been stopped in parking lots and asked what it is, what do we like about it and "can I take a peek". Good gas mileage, a smooth comfortable ride and great looks with plenty of room. We have made 2 11/hour trips to South Florida since the purchase and were very comfortable.

Great little SUV
By Cary Washburn on 02/21/06 19:58 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got one of the first cars off the boat the end of December and have now had the car for a month. So far I am getting about 26 MPG for highway driving during rush hour. It is comfortable to drive and having been a previous Toyota owner it is very see or access gages and systems. LOVE IT! Lots of room and easy to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.