2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Fun to Drive and More Room
By BAK-MN on 03/24/06 15:25 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was unhappy with my 2003 Jeep Liberty. I was looking for better gas mileage and more cargo area. I also needed a vehicle that could pull a small boat or a trailer with a couple of ATVs. The new V6 RAV4 has met all of my expectations. The sport edition came with great looking 18" alloy rims. Quick acceleration seems effortless with the smooth 269 HP engine. The 2006 Toyota RAV4 is better than the 2003 I test drove a few years ago in almost every aspect.

Pleased
By Anthony on 03/23/06 09:43 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the vehicle for only 2 weeks and I have been pleasantly surprised. Roomy, sufficient power from the 4 cylinder, great looks. We needed a small SUV that will give good gas mileage and it looks like we got it.

V6 Limited Really Hot!
By Paul Kaye on 03/22/06 05:01 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The new RAV4 V6 is a really fun car to drive. Power and torque is phenomonal! The vehicle can easily break traction if your not careful. More power than many mid-size V8 SUVs. Steering is tight and precise. The electronic assisted power brakes makes stopping on a dime the norm, besting cars at twice the price. All around visibility is very good. The optional JBL stereo will make any teenager envious of the door rocking thumping power. The vehicle has car like smoothness and is very quite at well over highway speeds. Truely a sheep in fox clothing SUV.

Thankful for the decision!
By Josh E. on 03/19/06 14:55 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

So far, since buying this 'midsize suv', my wife and I have driven over 3500 miles, including a move that took us through the Appalachian mountain range. I cannot be more pleased with my decision to buy this vehicle. With the 4-cyl, there is some hesitation when merging onto the interstate, but overall there is plenty of pickup for 364 out of 365 days of the year. I'm impressed with the room in the 2nd row bench seat, and we have two large dogs that were comfortable for a 1000-mile move to North Carolina. 28 MPG in this car is not a stretch, especially with some mixed (HWY and City) driving. Fit and finish are outstanding!

Love My New RAV4
By HappyWithRAV4!!!! on 03/16/06 10:33 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am absolutely in love with the Rav4. There is no question this is the best SUV I have ever driven. It looks as good as it drives and I love the space inside. The color is beautiful (nautical blue) and I love the interior. I only have a 2 wheel drive and a 4 cylinder, but it has enough get up and go for me. Talk about great gas mileage. I went from a gas guzzler and now to this. I am in heaven. I think that I will have this car for a long time to come. No doubt it will be one of my favorite toys.

Better than before
By Todd1 on 03/13/06 06:56 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I upgraded from a 2002 RAV4 that was totaled in an accident, and the 2006 model is an improvement in nearly every area. I was impressed with how the '02 RAV held up in the accident, so there was no hesitation to get another RAV to replace it. The '06 model has plenty of cargo room. I love that the seats don't have to come out to make room for large items. The 4 cylinder 4WD model has plenty of power, whereas I thought the '02 model felt underpowered. I am very happy with the safety additions of anti-lock brakes and side curtain airbags. This car is great, and you can't go wrong with Toyota quality.

RAVoulus
By Tony on 03/13/06 06:09 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This suv is incredible! The performace of 269hp v6 is awesome. Comfort is great - I am 6'3 250lb - still have lots of room.The fuel mileage is 25mpg. I look forward to driving this suv. I love the new look of the rav it is bolder than old model. Build quality is typical toyota (excellent) This suv is very quiet around town or on the highway. Ride quality is excellent. Gearing of the v6 rav is great with cruise on 1900rpm at 70mph the 4cyl is about 2500- 2600 at 70mph. Stop looking take one for a test drive!

New RAV4
By Jim and Noriko Rose on 03/13/06 05:28 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought our new RAV4. We are happy with our decision, but would recommend that people wait for the initial demand for these cars to die down before buying. It is a well made car that is well worth the money we paid. Didn't give the car 10s because we believe that no car is perfect, and it is a compact SUV after all. There are cars on the market that are superior, just not for the type of car and not for the price range.

High quality design
By Bill on 03/12/06 13:41 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car, plenty of power and it is built like a higher priced luxury vehicle. The design is much classier than the last generation of the RAV and it turns heads everywhere I drive it.

Red Flash
By Tracy on 03/08/06 10:40 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I looked a long time for the perfect suv. Found it! The rav4 is awesome, it is quiet, quick, comfortable, outstanding build quality. Great for travel or short trips. I highly advise to take one for a test drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.