Used 2006 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Zippy Rav4
By kevino

2006 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The new RAV4 V-6 is awesome. Its acceleration borders on magnificent. Merging on highways is a breeze.

The motor.

Better cup holder design in the center console.

nice car
By Carlos

2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The car's really nice. Mileage is impressive on 4 cylinder. Who needs more power? Not here in FL for sure! Some people think the motor is noisy. I disagree. It's not THE sport SUV, but still nice. very easy to drive, brakes well on wet. Stability is OK for a SUV, but the rear wheels blocks a little in hard braking. Most people will not notice, though. No big problem, it's a safe car. Just use it like a SUV and not like a Porsche, you will be OK.

Dual air conditioning

I think the steering wheel is a little too soft.

I love my new RAV!
By vivavegas99

2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just got my new RAV4 Limited 4WD V6 after wating a long 8 weeks. I have had so much fun driving this vehicle. It accelerates so smoothly and handles like the 2003 Corolla S we just traded in for it. The V6 is perfect for the driver that likes get up and go. It corners great and the steering is tight so you feel like you have control while you drive. It has a GREAT turning radius (I am used to driving a truck that didn't). I have only driven it 219 miles so far. The first tank of gas I got 19 miles per gallon. I figured it'd be much worse on the first tank, especially because I do "jack rabbit" starts. I haven't let my husband drive it yet! :-)

The V6 power, smooth ride, quiet interior (not a lot of noise), reclining second row seats, storage underneath the back cargo area, dual climate control rocks! Also the mp3 plug in for my iPod.

The driver seat doesn't go back far enough. I am only 5'8'' but it still felt too close. At least the steering wheel can be adjusted. Also the driver seat is kind of stiff. I am hoping it will soften as I sit. Also the gas is very sensitive. Either that or I am just not used to driving it yet.

Happy to have a Toyota
By Joanna

2006 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a 2006 RAV4. While I have not had it that long, I am very happy with this vehicle.I was surprised at the great deal I received. I also looked at many, many other small SUVs, but not one could beat the price and value of the RAV4, even with the the massive rebates offered by the other companies. I couldn't find any that had better gas mileage. Also, the resale/trade-in value is better than most other vehicles. If I were to say anything negative it would be that the back seat does not look like it could fit three comfortably.The middle seatback actually folds down to become an armrest and cupholder. I sat there, and it doesn't feel too uncomfortable. The bench seat itself has a ton of room and reclines.

I love this vehicle. I would have to say that my favorite feature would be its looks, but I love driving too. I couldn't be any happier.

The Perfect Small SUV
By Wally

2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is truly a great small SUV. Since the 2006 RAV4 is now larger, it actually looks like a mid-sized SUV now. Gas mileage is great. It looks great. The V6 is very quick, and can easily pass by other vehicles on the road. In fact, it is faster than many vehicles out there today, including many sports sedans. It can reach 60 mph in 6.7 seconds, faster than any SUV out there. It is very roomy. Controls are nicely laid out. My RAV4 Limited came with factory installed heated leather bucket seats, which are very comfortable. If you're looking for a nice SUV, make sure you check out the RAV4!

Quiet engine, smooth ride, good acceleration on the V6 models.

Make a built-in navigation system and satellite radio an option.