2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Best Redesign Toyota could have done!
By l in nj on 04/08/06 18:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love my 06 Rav4 LTD. Made a 10 time Camry buyer never want to drive a car again. Comfortable, smooth, roomy, great in snow and 4wd can't be beat. Quiet and reliable as all Toyotas are. Room for storage is great. Will never switch to anything but a Toyota SUV. Thought Camry was the greatest car in the world but the RAV4 put its baby sister to shame. Only complaint I have. Buy one an see for yourself.

sweet ride
By sweet ride on 04/06/06 09:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Awesome vehicle, very quick pickup. (6 cyl.) fun to drive

Barcelona Red Toyota Rav-4 sport v6
By Ferrell on 04/04/06 07:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What can I say besides I absolutely love this suv. Previously I owned a honda crv (I was glad to see it go). There is so much more space in the cabin and a lot more power under the hood. I also take pride in knowing that I could race a bmw x3 and leave it in the dust (hands down). It only takes about $25-30 to fill up (for now) but I find myself stopping for gas more often than I did with my old crv. I also like the options that were included on my vehicle --- I have the side curtain airbags, uphill and downhill assist control, the in dash 6 disc player with the subwoofer,and the tourneau cover and net. I really like driving on the freeway because the passing/merging power is second to none.

LOVIN' THE RAV 4
By Jim on 04/04/06 05:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the 2006 Toyota Rav 4 Sport and I love it. This is my first SUV. The Rav is spacious and very agile. It has a BMW X3 look to it and I get alot of compliments on it. The ride is smooth and off road it handles like a charm. The 2.4 liter is pretty good on gas on my stop and go commute to work.

High end SUV at mid range price
By Bill on 04/02/06 18:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle handles well and feels solid. Cabin is well designed (other than cup holders and LED clock). Plenty of storage space and room for rear seat passengers. Fuel consumption beats all competition and with the V6, this vehicle has more power and better acceleration than many other vehicles on the road.

Fun and Fast!
By Karen on 04/02/06 07:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove crv, hyndai both tuscon and santa fe, liberty, escape. The Rav4 outperformed them all. The v6 is the fastest with its 269 horsepower, idles smooth. Good gas mileage for a v6. Some of the other makes had better features but the perfomance and safety of this car and reliability of toyota is what sold me. The outside styling is pretty cool, kind of a cross between the matrix and lexus. Just a fun car to drive. Would buy this car again.

Toyota Hits a Homerun
By Frank G. on 03/31/06 17:24 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Initially, the new rear window pillar area seemed a bit "mod". After looking at the competition, we quickly came back to buy the new RAV4 because it simply has the very best to offer. RAV4 has an attractive interior design, a pleasant and logical dashboard, good seating and a large well planned cargo area. We just LOVE everything about this RAV4. The impressive road handling, fuel milage, great visability and of course, Toyota quality, make this vehicle the one to beat. RAV4 gave us the best of both worlds - a pleasant carlike interior AND an undercarriage and exterior body that is a rugged 4WD truck, when needed. We just turned 3500 miles and so far, this is our very best vehicle yet.

I rave about my RAV4
By bubearkot on 03/31/06 09:20 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My daughter's 2003 RAV4 convinced us to wait for the new design, a very wise choice. Only have 250 miles, but going to Houston this weekend for our first road trip. Should be fun!!

Excellent SUV
By dwill on 03/27/06 06:13 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV and I'm very happy with it. The V6 has more power than you will need, but I thought the 4 cylinder was underpowered. Very smooth transmission. There is plenty of room in the back and I like the levers that allow you to drop the rear seats from the cargo area. Doesn't feel "big" while driving and is very easy to park. Gas mileage with a V6 of this power is exceptional! Well worth the money.

A real value, and fun to boot
By Doug B on 03/24/06 20:23 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Finally picked up my new base 2006 RAV4, 4x4 with the 4 cylinder engine. Very happy with the gorgeous modern interior, nice exterior lines. The 4 cylinder is very strong. I traded in a 98 Ford Explorer with the 4 liter 6, and the RAV4 has nothing to be embarassed about. I took a lot of guff from the ladies at work about choosing a "cute" SUV, but I have to admit that its a very pretty car. Couldn't be happier. I'll supplement if possible after about a month.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.