Used 2006 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

RAV4 Rocket
By fpoteet3

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We were looking for a new SUV that met all my wifes business needs and met our traveling needs also. This one does it all. My wife is an interior designer and is on the road a lot carrying various samples and materials. She just loves that she can lay down the rear seats from the rear with one hand. One of our other cars is a Porsche and this RAV4 handles nearly as well. I love the power and the electric steering works great too. We just took two trips across west Texas and got 28 miles per gallon with a tail wind. By the way, we were crusing at 85 mph with a full load and the A/C on.

V6 power, 5 speed automatic, 4 wheel disc brakes and a great sound system. My wife's loves the easy lay-down rear seats.

Who designed those cup holders? I also wanted satellite radio, but they don't have it in the RAV4 and it's a real pain to add. The antenna is very difficult to install and there's no place to mount the controls. Power seats in the Sport would be nice and the manual seat is hard to get comfortable.

Rav4 Limited
By NL

2006 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Rav is about 4 months old now, and we're about ready to take it in for some warranty work. The low tire gage light will not go out, even though we've check them all inc. spare. The engine and interior vibrates when stopped and in gear. The car is pretty fragile, also. The rear bumper is damaged from a 2mph bump while backing the car out of the garage.

Very roomy for a small SUV. Smooth ride on the road while moving. The 4 cylinder is a little noisy, but delivers plenty of power.

The interior gage lights come on when it gets dark, headlights do not. It is deceiving, thinking the headlights are on, when they are not.

slightly underpowered
By suresh

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my rav4 sports basic edition for $23,350 OTD after much hangling. I found the vehicle to be slightly underpowered (0-40 miles).But who needs a V6 with $3 a gallon prices.

excellent interiors and spacious

requires some improvement for can holders. AC is not very effective for the second row.

bye bye CRV
By Ron

2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was waiting for the new CRV's to come out to make my purchase. After seeing the CRV i am so glad i got the RAV4, just went on a 400 mile trip with it last weekend and love the ride, fuel was about 25mpg, not bad.Power is awesome Great SUV

seats, handling and the V6.

i dont understand all the whinny about the cupholders seem fine to me, agree with the readouts on the heater hard to see

Ultimate SUV
By Jim Sappington

2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We got what we wanted, a "just right" size SUV, fun to drive, good on gas and well made.

Dual a/c system and 6 cd in the dash.

We don't use the rear seat, but for those who do, a little more comfort would be good.