2006 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
High pitched sound on 40 mph+
By ToyotaOwner on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm just writing to say that yes, my 06 RAV4 has the high pitched noise at 40 mph. It's been going on for years now - and the sound continues sometimes up into the 60s. Extremely annoying. Also, I have a hum that is constant when idling. Windows stick into the runner - had them replaced once. But issue has returned. Rav4 is noisy, I agree. These little annoyances are causing me to look into another model. Seats are like sitting on cardboard...wish they were more plush and comfy. I get GREAT gas mileage though. Taken trips and once got 31mpg - usually highway driving allots 26-30 mpg and in town 23-24 mpg. Great vehicle - just the constant, daily noises are wearing on me.

Great for familys!
By ananomous on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought our 2006 Toyota rav4 base 4x4 w/ 3rd row in 2009 used to be a lease but there has been no problems. we have 5 kids and one adult and a driving teen and its ran great for long car trips and commuting. good car that will last a long time. A lot of trunk space and cargo it has seats that fold flat. easy to get into 3rd row has 10 cup holders and more!

Well worth it - I highly recommend
By medina607 on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my base 4 cylinder 4WD new, have averaged only 10,00 miles a year, and have absolutely no complaints. Very reliable. Great looking little SUV with surprising cargo capability - I once fit a twin size mattress in it with the back hatch closed. Have to believe that buying one of these used is a good choice.

Fun Factor
By tom on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it second hand from US (1 year, 7,000 miles) and drive it in Europe, where RAV4's with 269 hp are very rare. Fun factor is acceleration and faces of the guys from $50.000 branch cars when they cannot get me on the road ;-) It's bigger when it comes to passenger & luggage space then EU model. Good. Very silent compared to cars I had (even Mercedes C-Class is louder inside). Fuel consumption relatively high, but when you check 270 hp competitors you will see, that actually RAV4 isn't fuel hungry really. Interior from stone ages, even 2010 model left it almost untouched. Lack of board computer (EU's have it). Relatively reliable only when properly serviced.

Reliable
By Ray on 08/23/10 11:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 60k miles and no problems except tires at ~ 25k. Great gas mileage and dependable. Love the v6 power with lot's of pep!

I Expected More for a Limited
By debkitty on 07/28/10 10:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Drove a Rav4 2005 sport that was more fun w/nicer console than 2006 and newer. It drove like a sport car. This model feels heavy, though its nice to drive/missing the same zip. I take very good care of my vehicles. Beware of those who complain & don't maintain. Paint job less than I expected. I live in the country. When I put in reverse about 30% of the time it chokes/knocks about in backing up. Rear Door should have been corrected years ago, opens backward would prefer up. Loyal to Toyota/ 4th Toyota, not enough bang for the buck compared to USA mfg.s w/luxury models and opts. Driving light lives up to the 24 MPG, however, previously all my Toyotas did better than they claimed.

Toyota hit a homerun with the RAV4
By RAVfan on 06/07/10 13:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our loaded v6 AWD limited on the basis of some good reviews from reputable auto mags. Those reviews still ring true today, four years after our purchase. The 269 HP AWD version possesses a very sporty driving experience. It handles mountain roads with ease, zipping through corners like a much lower sedan. In straightaway acceleration, it gives performance cars a run for their money. Hardly worth mentioning the very minor repairs over our ownership run. Certainly far less than similar vehicles. Excellent build quality, including exceptional paint and interior materials. You cannot go wrong with the RAV4.

Bad Engine
By Tracy on 04/20/10 06:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was having some issues regarding quality - replaced ECU and water pump and for the last 25,000 miles I've had an oil issue and was told last week that I need a new engine. A new engine with less that 100,000 miles. Don't buy a Toyota.

Love it
By N.G.Simon on 04/17/10 11:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The only negative I have with my RAV is the roof rack, it's a real pita when it comes to washing the car. Were it an option I would have opted out!

Great car, lots of power, high quality.
By Andrew on 03/22/10 08:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car will exceed your expectations! You cannot find a better SUV for the price. Fast V6 at 269 horsepower and great fuel economy with 22 MPG city for me and 28 MPG highway. Great quality, no problems, large enough for the family and our Chocolate lab! Great Dog car, great for towing up to 3,500 lbs, great for hauling small to medium size stuff, great in the snow!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.