Used 2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Liking It
By Bree

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 2002 Ford Explorer that I totaled in a roll over accident & I got the RAV4 to replace it, so far I think it was a great choice! I commute 50 miles to work & it was quite an improvement in fuel efficiency. I live in WI, so I needed something with 4 wheel drive to handle the poor winter driving conditions. After having driven a Ford there is a drastic difference in the design quality of the Toyota- seems to have the driver in mind with the interior layout. I miss having the smoother accelerating power of a V6, but will gladly take the better gas mileage of the RAV4.

Honestly, the entire vehicle. I really love driving it. I also like the cargo nets and hooks for grocery bags.

None at this time.

Love it but improve all fabric & carpet
By nanat94

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Please note that the interior is black... not first, but only choice in the metroplex. I love driving the car and the design is great. Importantly, the one-inch difference between this updated model and the Highlander (previously owned the 2002) means a $10,000 savings. I can live easier with the lesser standard interior fabrics!).

Quick and ease of putting rear seats down. Storage is abundant; The net secure for items. I love the design of the sport in particular; easily added bug shield. Bought inserts for the cup holders.

The fabric on door shows smudges; carpet looks cheap, upholstery shows everything and is rough on bare legs. (REALLY disliked!) It is difficult to clean around tire cover and it gets scratched easily & is too low. Wish the rear window could be lowered. Needs all vinyl 2-tone interior choice!

RAV4
By PJABES

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Exelent vehicle for an excelent price. No complaints so far about the vehicle.

My opinion
By jb08078

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

All around fun SUV. Clock and radio readouts hard to see. Transmission shifts very different than I am used to, my other car is a benz. Body style is blahh. Radio with CD is above average.

Auto closing roof and windows, big wheels, nice sounds, especially the bass. Surprisingly peppy.

Needs some pizaaz. It looks like a plain jane truck. No style to body. Roof line is blah. The tranny should not be as jerking when downshifting. I bought it for economy which is OK but not great. I will not buy another one unless some real radical changes are made.

slightly underpowered
By suresh

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my rav4 sports basic edition for $23,350 OTD after much hangling. I found the vehicle to be slightly underpowered (0-40 miles).But who needs a V6 with $3 a gallon prices.

excellent interiors and spacious

requires some improvement for can holders. AC is not very effective for the second row.