2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
VERY GOOD VALUE
By kenbowls on 02/21/12 12:04 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have 2.4 l 4 cylinder and very little problems, Radio replaced in 1st year, tires at 30,000 miles, but otherwise, have 42,000 miles on it and love it, Hauls a lot with back seats folded down, 8 chairs, furniture business and a handy hauler for small loads.

ALMOST PERFECT FOR THE FIRST 36000 MI
By ovi on 02/07/10 05:00 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased the RAV4 in feb 2006 , it works very well in city drive , highway ride is dominated by infernal noise , the design is nice but the quality of this vehicle is nonexistent . After the first car wash i noticed a lot of white paint chips on the front hood then soon after 36000 a two thousand dollars array of repairs started : rear shocks, front brakes , intermediary steering shaft , belt tensioner ,dash glove compartment door . At 74500 miles every time i stop an a traffic light i have to shift in neutral because of very heavy vibration and noise and the CD changer works occasionally . The technicians at the dealership find all this normal , if soo , TOYOTA IS NOT FOR ME.

Lady owner
By ANNE on 01/31/10 22:37 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle is wide, roomy, zippy, comfortable. Has plenty of pockets and storage places. Nice to have spare wheel out of boot compartment. So easy to get in and out of with higher seats and doorway large enough to allow for a tall person without unnecessary stooping. But topping everything is the ease of the electronic steering and the use of cruise control on longer trips on the flats. The only con is the surging of the auto gear system, at unexpected times.

$mart Choice
By stephen on 06/20/08 16:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased vehicle new w/ leather, sunroof, JBL, 30 months/21K ago. Choice was based primarily on "return of investment" having shopped for used versions (CRV/RAV) realizing their high resale values. I am still pleased with my choice, my RAV is roomy, rattle free,comfortable, easy to live with, nimble, relatively quiet, dependable, versatile and averaging 23 mpg in mixed driving. Sure I see more exciting, faster, sexier choices out there (I still struggle with the tire on the back) but whether hauling 4 adults to the airport, 3 dogs to the groomer or 30 bags of mulch I am hard pressed to find another vehicle that comes close to doing them all as well. The RAV has been a $mart choice.

Poor Design
By Rear hatch design on 10/26/07 13:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After driving this Rav4 Limited for 32000 miles I recently noticed that when it rains all my stuff in the rear compartment gets wet when the door is opened. Also there is no rear dome light. The light was put in the door which when open shines the light away from the compartment. A representative said it was a bad design and suggested I switch to a Highlander. Toyota should reconsider this rear hatch design. Honda has with its CR-V. I love everything else about the car. Please to Toyota make some changes. At least figure out a way I can add on a dome light.

Love My RAV4
By KPT on 12/28/06 12:13 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV and I love it. It drives and handles better than my previous car. The gas mileage averages around 24 mpg combined. For the price, reliability, handling and gas mileage, you can't go wrong. I would definitely buy again.

RAV4 Review
By Aja Raye on 11/12/06 16:25 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The most uncomfortable vehicle I've ever owned. Seats are very hard. Road noise is so high the music must be loud and passengers cannot talk on cells phones when driving on the highway. Wind in the cab also makes it impossible to cruise with the windows down. One feature I like is the braking system. Very nice.

No longer Toyota's Cheap SUV, good car!
By Kentucky on 09/25/06 18:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great turning radius, great gas mileage, great room - for it's class and fuel ecconomy.

Ultimate SUV
By Jim Sappington on 09/03/06 17:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We got what we wanted, a "just right" size SUV, fun to drive, good on gas and well made.

nice car
By Carlos on 08/30/06 19:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The car's really nice. Mileage is impressive on 4 cylinder. Who needs more power? Not here in FL for sure! Some people think the motor is noisy. I disagree. It's not THE sport SUV, but still nice. very easy to drive, brakes well on wet. Stability is OK for a SUV, but the rear wheels blocks a little in hard braking. Most people will not notice, though. No big problem, it's a safe car. Just use it like a SUV and not like a Porsche, you will be OK.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.