2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Liking It
By Bree

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 2002 Ford Explorer that I totaled in a roll over accident & I got the RAV4 to replace it, so far I think it was a great choice! I commute 50 miles to work & it was quite an improvement in fuel efficiency. I live in WI, so I needed something with 4 wheel drive to handle the poor winter driving conditions. After having driven a Ford there is a drastic difference in the design quality of the Toyota- seems to have the driver in mind with the interior layout. I miss having the smoother accelerating power of a V6, but will gladly take the better gas mileage of the RAV4.

Favorite Features

Honestly, the entire vehicle. I really love driving it. I also like the cargo nets and hooks for grocery bags.

Suggested Improvements

None at this time.

Love it but improve all fabric & carpet
By nanat94

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Please note that the interior is black... not first, but only choice in the metroplex. I love driving the car and the design is great. Importantly, the one-inch difference between this updated model and the Highlander (previously owned the 2002) means a $10,000 savings. I can live easier with the lesser standard interior fabrics!).

Favorite Features

Quick and ease of putting rear seats down. Storage is abundant; The net secure for items. I love the design of the sport in particular; easily added bug shield. Bought inserts for the cup holders.

Suggested Improvements

The fabric on door shows smudges; carpet looks cheap, upholstery shows everything and is rough on bare legs. (REALLY disliked!) It is difficult to clean around tire cover and it gets scratched easily & is too low. Wish the rear window could be lowered. Needs all vinyl 2-tone interior choice!

RAV4
By PJABES

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Exelent vehicle for an excelent price. No complaints so far about the vehicle.

My opinion
By jb08078

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

All around fun SUV. Clock and radio readouts hard to see. Transmission shifts very different than I am used to, my other car is a benz. Body style is blahh. Radio with CD is above average.

Favorite Features

Auto closing roof and windows, big wheels, nice sounds, especially the bass. Surprisingly peppy.

Suggested Improvements

Needs some pizaaz. It looks like a plain jane truck. No style to body. Roof line is blah. The tranny should not be as jerking when downshifting. I bought it for economy which is OK but not great. I will not buy another one unless some real radical changes are made.

slightly underpowered
By suresh

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my rav4 sports basic edition for $23,350 OTD after much hangling. I found the vehicle to be slightly underpowered (0-40 miles).But who needs a V6 with $3 a gallon prices.

Favorite Features

excellent interiors and spacious

Suggested Improvements

requires some improvement for can holders. AC is not very effective for the second row.

Exactly as Described!
By Dave T.

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Everything on this vehicle works, fits & functions perfectly. No rattles wind noises etc. etc. The vehicle is the perfect suv in its class IMHO. I couldn't be happier in my choice to select this vehicle!

Favorite Features

Leg & head room frt & back! Perfect brakes, Sport Pkg, Huge cargo area w/ under floor storage, reclining rear seats, 18"alloys.Typical Toyota fit & finish!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Better rear cargo light, secondary dash storage has weird opener. Front cup holders are too large for cans & smaller cups. Old school mini mee Toyota horn tone. Stereo needs more Sirius presets. If you wanna go fast don't get 4 cyl.

Great Not-So-Small SUV
By Ryan

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

What an impressive change from the previous style. This vehicle cosmetically is so nice, both inside & out. People have constantly stopped to look and see what it is I'm driving. The build quality is perfect & the fuel economy is amazing. With no 3rd Row seat, the legroom im the back is great for even full size adults. Great Job Toyota!

Favorite Features

Sporty Look: 18" Wheels, Roof Rack, Spoiler, Headlight/Fog Light Combonation, Flint Mica Color

Suggested Improvements

Clock & Stereo Display can be hard to read in the sunlight.

Great Value, Great Looks
By Snowball

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Even though I got the 4 cycl. it has a lot of pick-up, but still has great gas mileage. I love the looks of it,inside and out. Perfect size for a carseat and two big dogs! Smooth ride too.

Favorite Features

The seats (good padding, lumbar), the solid sound the door makes when I close it. Quality interior & exterior. Very stylish. Love the size of it!

Suggested Improvements

Brighter clock-can't see, needs to be higher on the dash so you don't have to look down, buttons to change time are too hard to reach. Would like hatch door to open vertically. Window suction - when one is open there is a thudding in your ears unless you open all of them a crack - drives me crazy!

I'm in love
By George

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this beautiful car and I am really happy with it, it has good power, stability and the looks. The interior on the sport is pretty neat and the sunroof and 18" allow weells make a difference on it. The JBL sound system rocks, if you are looking for a RAV4 invest a little more and get the premium sound, fog lights and sunroof

Favorite Features

Engine power, fuel economy, carrying space, quality, design, JBL sound system

Suggested Improvements

The suspension is a little too hard, but that is because is the sport version. I am OK with it but will be happier with been a little softer

Returned in 2006
By Sunshine

2006 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had and still have a 1996 Rav4. My son drives it and it is still running, so when I needed a new car, I came back. The extra space is great. I would like to see more adjustments available for driver's seat and optional airbags standard equipment, but you can be sure it will still be going strong, long after it's paid for. And they do have good resale value.