2006 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Liking It
By Bree on 08/22/09 19:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 2002 Ford Explorer that I totaled in a roll over accident & I got the RAV4 to replace it, so far I think it was a great choice! I commute 50 miles to work & it was quite an improvement in fuel efficiency. I live in WI, so I needed something with 4 wheel drive to handle the poor winter driving conditions. After having driven a Ford there is a drastic difference in the design quality of the Toyota- seems to have the driver in mind with the interior layout. I miss having the smoother accelerating power of a V6, but will gladly take the better gas mileage of the RAV4.

Love it but improve all fabric & carpet
By nanat94 on 03/09/09 09:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Please note that the interior is black... not first, but only choice in the metroplex. I love driving the car and the design is great. Importantly, the one-inch difference between this updated model and the Highlander (previously owned the 2002) means a $10,000 savings. I can live easier with the lesser standard interior fabrics!).

RAV4
By PJABES on 11/29/06 05:38 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Exelent vehicle for an excelent price. No complaints so far about the vehicle.

My opinion
By jb08078 on 11/22/06 13:32 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

All around fun SUV. Clock and radio readouts hard to see. Transmission shifts very different than I am used to, my other car is a benz. Body style is blahh. Radio with CD is above average.

slightly underpowered
By suresh on 09/10/06 05:50 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my rav4 sports basic edition for $23,350 OTD after much hangling. I found the vehicle to be slightly underpowered (0-40 miles).But who needs a V6 with $3 a gallon prices.

Exactly as Described!
By Dave T. on 07/04/06 07:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Everything on this vehicle works, fits & functions perfectly. No rattles wind noises etc. etc. The vehicle is the perfect suv in its class IMHO. I couldn't be happier in my choice to select this vehicle!

Great Not-So-Small SUV
By Ryan on 05/12/06 11:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

What an impressive change from the previous style. This vehicle cosmetically is so nice, both inside & out. People have constantly stopped to look and see what it is I'm driving. The build quality is perfect & the fuel economy is amazing. With no 3rd Row seat, the legroom im the back is great for even full size adults. Great Job Toyota!

Great Value, Great Looks
By Snowball on 05/05/06 07:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Even though I got the 4 cycl. it has a lot of pick-up, but still has great gas mileage. I love the looks of it,inside and out. Perfect size for a carseat and two big dogs! Smooth ride too.

I'm in love
By George on 02/05/06 00:42 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this beautiful car and I am really happy with it, it has good power, stability and the looks. The interior on the sport is pretty neat and the sunroof and 18" allow weells make a difference on it. The JBL sound system rocks, if you are looking for a RAV4 invest a little more and get the premium sound, fog lights and sunroof

Returned in 2006
By Sunshine on 02/03/06 18:39 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had and still have a 1996 Rav4. My son drives it and it is still running, so when I needed a new car, I came back. The extra space is great. I would like to see more adjustments available for driver's seat and optional airbags standard equipment, but you can be sure it will still be going strong, long after it's paid for. And they do have good resale value.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.