Best Small SUV
By Allie on
2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
This is my third Toyota, and my second RAV-4 - I previously had a 2003 2WD model and decided to upgrade to the 2005 4WD "L" model. I couldn't be happier! The engine was improved in 2004 providing more horsepower which completely removed the "gut-less" reputation the RAV-4 had. This vehicle has plenty of get-up-and go for a 4- cyl. SUV! Stylish and fun to drive, while achieving high safety and reliability ratings. The standardization of anti-lock breaks and the additional air bags make the "L" model a top choice!
Favorite Features
The overall-look and styling of the vehicle itself - very sleek and sporty. Interior controls are all easily accessible and user-freindly. Imporved horsepower, additional stability control and safety features a plus. High reliability and resale value another reason to seriously consider Toyota.
Suggested Improvements
Window tinting is a great feature, but would be nice if the front driver/passenger windows were a closer match in tinting to the rear windows. I had front windows of my solid-black (color-keyed) RAV custom tinted. Looks sharp, keeps down glare and keeps vehicle cooler.