2005 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: Almost Perfect

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Review

Almost Perfect
By TGIX on

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am crazy about my Rav4! In well over a million miles of driving over the past 30 yrs, & that includes a lot of varied vehicle types, the Rav4 is my absolute favorite. Design is tops (I get stopped/asked about it an avg. of once every few weeks, twice in the past 4 days). Love it's exceptionally high safety ratings. No car I've driven before gets ABOVE the rated miles per gallon as this one does! I average 30 mpg or better of city and highway combined! Got 33 mpg going up and down steep mountain roads with two kayaks on top! Never get less than 27 mpg!

Form & Function. Gorgeous vehicle with performance too. Steering, Accel, & Braking - all superb. Great overall space use. Rear seat removal not hard. Many stowage compartments, many tough, tie downs. High clearance for snow. ABS, Traction Control, Cruise, Pwr windows, INCLUDED on base model!

I praise the car a lot and am a tough critic. The ONLY two improvements that I'd like to see are a tougher plastic?/vinyl? interior and exterior trim. Both stratch entirely too easy, like butter compared to others. At 6' tall, I need a tad more leg room driving. The rear seats could also use more