Used 2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Oh What A Feeling
By Frankie Machine

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A great car/truck for New York City driving. Easy to parallel park and handles those pot holes with ease. After getting rid of my 10 year old car, it is good to have the feel of a tight suspension again. Although my wife uses the car to go back and forth to work, I look forward to the weekends when I do the driving and we plan more "Road Trips" for this fall and winter.

Favorite Features

The remote on the steering wheel makes changing modes, stations and tracks on the CD's a snap. Also love the gas economy.

Suggested Improvements

Would like the keyless remote to open all the doors, not just the drivers.

Love my RAV
By Ifti

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After months of due diligence I decided to go for RAV4. I am pleased with the decision I made and my friends and collegues are impressed too. Its zippy, good on mileage (22mpg city/30mpg highway), compact and good pick (better than my previous v6 dodge intrepid). Its great value for the price. Great looks and great performance backed by Toyota's reputation, I think its the best compact SUV in the market. Safety features, especially side curtain air bags, helped me get good insurance rates and peace of mind, of course.

Favorite Features

Compact design, fuel efficieny, sharp manuevers and sharp looks and safety features.

Suggested Improvements

It gets noisy after 60-70 mph on highways. It will be great to have smoother ride while cruising.

SUV Heaven
By Cindy

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've wanted an SUV for a few years, but I didn't know if I could handle an SUV, being only a little over five feet tall and driving only small cars. The Toyota Rav4 is the one I settled on once it was time for the big purchase. Driving a Rav4 is like driving on a cloud. It handles smoothly, maneuvers effortlessly and is a joy to drive. I would recommend the RAV4 to anyone contemplating that first time SUV purchase.

Favorite Features

I love that even though it's considered a compact SUV, the rear seats are removable as in the bigger SUV's and vans for more cargo room. Also, I love watching the rear wiper do it's thing in rainy weather.

Suggested Improvements

Personally, I don't feel I need to make any improvements. For me, my RAV4 is the greatest thing as I have it right now.

Great Car
By Al

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car couple of months ago for my wife. She loves it and I drive it every chance I get (or excuse I can come up with). Rav4 is a fun car and I researched many months before decided to go for a 2WD automatic. Living in California diminishes the need for 4WD and plus I can save more money on gas. So far I get 21 MPG and this is mostly city driving. Curtain air bag was very important for me, so I had to move up to “L” and few other options since this was the only one on the Dealer’s Lot with side/curtain airbags.

Favorite Features

Test drove many cars and Toyota Rav4 stands out for most fun to drive. The visibility of the surrounding is great. It is quite and has a good gas milage.

Suggested Improvements

Some choppiness due to wheelbase being so short, but you get a good turning radius. Need to make the windshield in the back as a glass door like Honda CR- V. The back door is heavy and opens up too wide.

Love it!
By Kelly

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I did extensive research prior to purchasing this car. I was wise in my decision to buy the RAV4. 1st, it gets great gas mileage. Very important when you're paying $3 a gallon. I get 20 mpg. 2nd, It's a smaller SUV, but, it is very spacious. I managed to carry an 8 ft. treadmill in it. 3rd, it's sporty and SO much fun to drive. And it's really CUTE! It really doesn't look like the SUV's out there. You're higher up than in a car without being in a hulking, gas guzzling SUV. Last, It's a Toyota. It's got a great warranty, and I expect I will be driving it when it's 10 years old or older with more than 100,000 miles on it. I highly recommend this car.

Favorite Features

The windows are large, and you really have a good view out of everything around you. Everything is easily accessible and it's spacious and comfortable. The nooks and cubby holes throughout keep my normally messy car neat and tidy. The removable rear seats are GREAT and easy to manuever.

Suggested Improvements

Make it available with leather seats. Other than that, I think it's perfect!