2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
For The Dog
By For The Dog on 04/11/05 23:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Traded in a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS for a 2005 RAV4. Got one in Evergreen Metallic with everything except leather. Paid $23700, which was $100 over invoice, which was fair since they had to go 150 miles to get the one I wanted. Needed something bigger for our dog (Akita). The fact that the rear seats come out easily and it gets the best MPG in the SUV market (sorry not buying an Escape Hybrid) make it the perfect vehicle.

Best car
By mame on 04/05/05 17:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is great because it gets good gas mileage, it's small so it's easy to parallel park in new york city. The car is pretty costly when someone rear-ends you because the back tire is there. The car fits my family. The backseat folds down and comes out of the car for storage room. The sport package makes the car more fun to drive because every one looks and admires the car. The options come in many colors. Options are the dvd player, the rims, the leather or non-leather seats, the alarm is very important but it costs extra but its worth it. Another option is the sun/moon roof. The rav 4 is a strong car and hopfully will get stronger

RAV4 S
By arthur cameron on 04/04/05 00:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

so far with 10k miles no problems to report typical toyota build , got the s model in blue which looks great, the driver seat and the insert on the drivers door is showing some wear already ? not the typical toyota. and since we live in the southeast had to watch out for options that wasnt from toyota which is basically aftermarket.*read your window stickers carefully* if your buying one, other than that a great vehicle very flexible and durable.

Best vehicle in class I ever own
By Harold Barker on 04/02/05 08:14 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

With the high cost of gas going up and being a loyal Dodge Truck man, I research all vehicles with a outstanding gas mileage and a cost factor I decided on the SUV RAV4 and for the price and the outstanding features I brought the RAV4. I just love the way it handles and also the smooth ride and the looks. It is a fun to drive vehicle.

Finest Car I've Ever Owned
By Carol Huot on 03/29/05 20:00 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd RAV I've purchased. My first one was a 1997, then a 2001 and now my 2005. It's the most functional vehicle I've ever owned (except for the '97, two doors, too small and front- wheel drive only). The 2005 drives really tight, and the four-wheel drive gives me the confidence I need for winter driving. Superb stereo system. I do a lot of camping, and my RAV provides plenty of packing space, with the features of roof rack, removable rear seats a plus. For an SUV, it's very economical on gas, another plus with gas prices the way they are today. If I have anything negative to say about this vehicle is that I just don't drive it enough. Maybe a drive across country is in order

Rav4-Toyota style
By Rustycab on 03/24/05 00:56 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love the car and it handles well. Enough room and height that you can see. Not so big that you can't park it and it is really fun to drive. Love it and I only have 3,000 miles on it.

My Rav4
By Barbara Kiella on 03/19/05 16:18 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I are at an age where getting in and out of the low cars are almost impossible. The Rav4 is higher from the ground. All we have to do is slide right in. On a long drive, my hips and legs use to ache, but not with the Rav4. It sits high so that your feet and legs don't stick out straigt in front of you, as if you were sitting on the floor. We can't wait to go on our vacation this year with it. And the gas mileage is terrific.

luv my rav
By M F on 03/19/05 09:48 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I waited a while to switch to an SUV and as soon as I saw the RAV I knew it was the one. I am a loyal Toyota driver but did try other SUVs for comparison and I made a beeline back to the RAV. Toyota also offers very very good customer care. They are real people friendly. My first car was a Toyota Corolla SR5 in 1987 and I am sure my last car will be a Toyota.

love the Rav 4
By tmoore on 03/18/05 20:59 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I think that this is a wonderful vehicle for the money. It is roomy and doesn't feel cramped at all inside. It isn't a huge SUV, but fits a family of 3 or 4 perfectly. Fun to drive and looks good. What more could you want!

fun to drive
By harshad on 03/18/05 16:17 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I finally caved in to buy SUV due to my bad back and trying to put 2 carseats..This was the best compromise of carlike handling and fuel economy and ofcourse toyota rep.(we also have 03 sienna). I have thrown this SUV at 65 mph on corners and it did as well as my 99 altima..it also returned 27mpg on my first fill up. I paid $20000 all inclusive for basic 5 speed, FWD. It also did well in snow with std. VSC, and traction control..hopefully I will have safe winters with this car in Minnesota..