Used 2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Perfect SUV
By Pat C.

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Toyota and it's my favorite. The height of an SUV yet small enough to drive like a car really appealed to me. Has excellent handling, great gas mileage, and is just a pleasure to drive. Owned just for 7 months and already put 12000 miles on it - makes you want to travel! Lots of storage space between fold-down back seats and rear area.

Favorite Features

Riding height; great gas mileage; smooth ride; good handling; cargo cover; back door swings open to side - easier to load into; and the expected reliability of a Toyota.

Suggested Improvements

Ease slightly cramped front driver seat, make keyless entry standard (offered but not standard with vehicle).

Recommended Highly
By JD

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have practically lived in my RAV4 the past year due to graduate school and driving around the East Coast to see family and for interviews. So I have ranked up the miles on this SUV and everything is perfect!:) I get a lot of compliments with the way it looks (I have it in black) to the way it drives. There is a ton of storage space if your moving a studio apartment around like I did. It is worth the money and you will save on gas!

Favorite Features

It is reliable, good mileage, people notice a good looking SUV!

Suggested Improvements

Comfy seats please! My back hurts after a while

Beautiful mini SUV to drive.
By Patricia

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Although I've only been driving it for a week now, I love it! It's a beautiful car with a great drive. Toyotas are reliable cars. The RAV4 has a smooth drive and the comfort is a plus. The exterior is also beautiful. It's a great small suv for someone who's tiny like me! It's easy to drive and very spacious. I'd recommend it to anyone!

Lots of Fun
By JMcKay PA

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love the vehicle for looks and the pick up. Wish it had a place to store my sunglasses instead of a garage door opener above the driver's seat. The engine jumps when you hit the gas. Good view of the road when driving.

Favorite Features

Radio controls on the wheel are a plus. Heated mirrors with the L package good on a frosty day. The ride is smooth and quiet.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger storage bins up front. can't put my CDs on the flip up compartment. The driver's outboard mirror doesn't move out far enough for me to get a full view behind me.

Oh What A Feeling
By Frankie Machine

2005 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A great car/truck for New York City driving. Easy to parallel park and handles those pot holes with ease. After getting rid of my 10 year old car, it is good to have the feel of a tight suspension again. Although my wife uses the car to go back and forth to work, I look forward to the weekends when I do the driving and we plan more "Road Trips" for this fall and winter.

Favorite Features

The remote on the steering wheel makes changing modes, stations and tracks on the CD's a snap. Also love the gas economy.

Suggested Improvements

Would like the keyless remote to open all the doors, not just the drivers.