2005 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Rav 4L
By Brian Uglione on 05/23/05 16:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Rav 4 is an exceptional value for its class. The handling is very tight. Cornering is comfortable. The stablility and traction control system enables a very smooth ride. The cargo space in ample. You have about 6ft of cargo space when you remove the back 2 seats. I would recommend getting a roof rack to increase your cargo options. The interior is quite functional. You don't need to reach too far to access the dashboard controls. Seats are decent albeit a bit stiff. Safety features abound. Good for family transportation. I am very happy with this purchase. Great gas mileage and lots of features make for a fun, affordable ride.

Wonderful And Price Ranging
By Wonderful And Price on 05/21/05 20:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great it makes it easy for me to fulfill all of my task soccer games, football games, sleepovers, shopping, grocery shopping, and just to get around!! I love this car.

A fun and sporty ride!
By Nancy on 05/21/05 19:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This little SUV has quite a kick to it. It's a fun, sporty, reliable ride. At times, it's a little bumpy...sort of a Jeepy feeling but I like that. The quality seems good and like it will hold up for years. The seats are easily removed or repositioned to create a surprising amount of space. And, even riding in the back seat is comfortable. My one complaint is that it is difficult to have the windows down--it seems much more noisy than usual and that probably has something to do with the design . . .

Perfect SUV for women
By Angela Therrien on 05/14/05 08:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased my 2005 Rav 4 last month. I am a 29 year old female with 1 child. So far I am very pleased with this vehicle. The design is very stylish, This SUV handles beautifully, smooth and quite, handles like a car but you have better visabilty and more room. Another reason I chose this model is the incredible safety features. It has specially designed crashzones and AWD for bad weather. Also this model does not have a higher rate of rollover like most SUV's. This SUV is perfect for women with 1 or no children. I could see it feeling a little cramped for larger families or for men over 6'2". My husband is 6'5" and fits ok for around town but would not want it for his primary vehicle.

My 2nd Rav
By Laurie Bellucci on 05/14/05 02:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I must tell you...I have had a Rav now for 4 years...Our first one was bought in 2002 after renting one in Las Vegas for a week we fell in love...My husband and I came home and purchased our first Rav 4...Since then he has passed on and I just purchased my 2nd Rav...I love it and hope to purchase another one in several more years to come...We checked other SUV's before purchasing a Rav only to find that most were too high off the ground for me to get into...so that was the main reason we purchased our Rav...

RAV4
By Maureen on 05/13/05 23:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car..it is fun to drive and I got 30 mpg with the 2.4, 5 speed. It is easy to get in and out and I love the convience of the back door with all my grocery bag holders. The ride is great, not too stiff and responds well.

I Love It!
By Happy RAV on 05/13/05 00:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I could not be happier. The RAV build quality and handling are tops. I have used it in limited off-road situations, and it has performed decently. For the money, you get a lot of features. Once that 4 cylinder hit 3000 rpm, it goes like a rocket! I am 6'3" tall and I do not feel cramped at all. I did have to take off the handles above the door on the inside, I hit my head on them sometimes. Overall, I am happy everytime I start this vehicle.

Best Value
By bob on 05/08/05 10:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best value for the dollar of any car I have ever purchased.It is the first 4 wheel drive I have ever owned.It compares much better in every way to the old Army M151 I used to drive,and handles like a tall "car". This is more like a modern day station wagon!! Cargo handles in the rear even hold your plastic grocery bags..

Toyota Rav4
By Her Toy on 04/28/05 02:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Terrific gas milege - very sporty, yet smooth comfortable ride. A coworker, who was my passenger asked if the Rav4 was a V-6 because of the exceptional pick up. Far better visibility than Honda CRV - vertually no blind spots. Lots of toys - stereo/CD player controls also located on steering wheel for ease in changing from one to the other. Excellent sound too. Lots of room - rear seats fold up and out - many compartments for storage 4 wheel drive hugs the road and its an SUV that's very easy to get in and out of. These vehicles run for years too.

sweet suzie bell comes through
By j roller on 04/12/05 20:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

it looks so good on the street that people are always asking where i got it and what did i pay... is quick and agile and has great turning radius with tremendous traction on snow and rain surfaces... packs in all the kids and luggage and all the pets they won't leave at home......