2005 Toyota RAV4 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Great Vehicle for most anything
By CoGrl

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Rav 4. It's practical for anything I've done. I take it on camping trips, rock climbing day trips and cross country. The gas mileage is great for a car that can do so much. I highly reccommend this if you need ample cargo space. The seats are easily removeable, and did I mention my Husky loves it.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the automatic 4WD. It kicks in in a slide if you need it and I've had no problems on the dirt road I live on with the mud or snow.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see some better tires for a little more rugged capability. I get frequent flat tires from the dirt roads.

Raving over RAV
By Robby

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Absolutely the best vehicle on the market for mountainous and hilly terrain. Living in St. Maarten Island has it's challenges and an appropriate vehicle is one of them. Narrow, steep roads and torrential downpours must be met with by a special vehicle. The AWD RAV-4 is the very best of class in all categories.

Favorite Features

Plain and simple the all wheel drive is what makes this the best of all.

RAV4 twice
By Deanne

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my 2003 blue RAV4 L package for a 2005 black RAV4 L package. I enjoy my car because it is the right size for my family of four. Not to mention, where I live we have a lot of hills and small side streets. So, the size is perfect. I had a mishap with my 05 car after driving it for eight days. The car cut- out while I was driving...It was determined the fuel pump was bad:( All in all I would not trade my toyota for a another model car!

Suggested Improvements

I trade the 03 for an 05 due to squeaking brakes. Only to find out the 05 has the same squeaking brakes:( The brakes were checked several times, but nothing was found. I guess the sqeaking may be caused by the material it was made with?.?. Needs to be improved.

Excellent
By Rbagzis

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love it - seats are a little uncomfortable for long hauls - but over all not too bad - great mileage (27 hiway/24 town) - lots of room - cute style - love the color - love the extras - easy parking - sharp turning - AWSOME VEHICLE

Favorite Features

Steering - sharp turning - easy parking - sporty vehicle - back seats recline, move forward, can be taken out whatever you need to do for room

Suggested Improvements

More room between front seat and back seat. Have a child in car seat and he needs more leg room

fun and quick
By garyin australia

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a right hand drive. I have owned a lot of other makes and Toyota is still the best bang for the buck. I've read all the reviews on the RAV4 and they all hit the mark. There's more than enough room, power and performance built into this vehicle.

Favorite Features

the fun of driving it

Suggested Improvements

include a center bar for the roof rack a center arm rest in the back seats

Great vehicle
By ravgrl

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased the rav 4 and it is great. I am 5'2" and it is the only small SUV that I drove and felt comfy in. It handles really well with great pick up and steering. It does take getting used to if you were used to driving a sedan as it is top heavy, but the rav4 doesn't lean as much as the other models I drove. I love the sporty look and the interior gauges are easy to read and fun to look at.

Favorite Features

looks, pick up, handling, safety, gas milage, 4WD. Oh, and the moon/sun roof!

Suggested Improvements

better sound proofing, arm rest for driver, CD holder.

Awesome!
By Kathy

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my RAV-4! Highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a smaller sporty and functional 4WD/AWD vehicle. The gas mileage with the 4 cyl. is just as good if not better than most cars! This is a great value and a sharp looking vehicle! Although Toyota does not recommend having a remote starter professionally installed, I did and don't regret it! No problems whatsoever. Plenty of room for our band's gear, too. This little SUV is sturdy, reliable, and comfortable. I just LOVE it!

Favorite Features

I got the Sports Package in Spectra Blue Mica and just LOVE the color and details. I love everything from the chrome roof rack, rear spoiler, tinted privacy glass, powered sunroof, aluminum alloy wheels, etc. Great gas mileage and plenty of storage space and compartments.

Suggested Improvements

My only suggestion to Toyota would be to put a larger engine (6 cyl.) in these. Tends to take a moment to "kick-in" when going uphill or passing. (A remote car starter would be a nice option if it could be offered straight from the factory...)

First Toyota
By Ed Kolacki

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive and good on gas. steering is tight and responsive.

Favorite Features

sporty look and good feel driving

Suggested Improvements

more power

Best Choice
By Tricia

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I Spent a lot of time looking for a car and the Toyota Rav 4 has everything i could ask for and more. It comes with so much for a great price.

Favorite Features

I can't pick just one

Suggested Improvements

easier to adjust seats

LOVE IT!
By Emily

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My car has a lot of pick up, the quality is awesome for the price. There is NO better turning radius.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, and of course all of the options I got!

Suggested Improvements

Widen the back seat, otherwise it's perfect :)