Used 2005 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 120 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

AWESOME Car! My 2nd Rav!!!
By Michelle Burnette

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the car! I drive about 70 miles one way to work every morning! I love it! I love the stick shift and my moon roof! Very quiet and comfortable

I love my moon roof!!! I wouldn't trade it for the world

Maybe a DVD player option and seat warmers. But other than that.. nothing!!

I like it
By brian

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2005 Scion tC for this car and feel much safer in the snowy conditions. I drove my Rav in 7 inches of snow the other night and it handled beautifully. All of the traction control and saftey feature are a definite plus. The auto LSD works like a charm. As I pulled into my drive way through the huge snow drift the front wheels slide to the right. I put on the auto LSD and drove straight up the driveway.

I like the safety features and the cargo gate/poles that came with my Rav.

I would suggest automatic headlights, fog lamps,and a CD changer standard. I would also like to see a leather option for the base model.

Very Disappointed in gas mileage
By Kurt & Jean Flaig

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I are basically very satisfied with our Rav 4 but are very disappointed in the gas mileage. We do not get anywhere near what was quoted. As a matter of fact, we are not getting much better than our full size AWD pickup which we traded for the Rav4. We are only averaging 19 - 20 miles per gallon and have even had it back to the dealer which they claim there is nothing wrong with our car. That was our main purpose for trading in our pickup, and that was the gas mileage.

Our insurance premiums went down considerably due to the safety of the car which we were surprised about, and that we do, feel very safe driving in it.

More compartment storage and it would be nice to have a fold out tray of some sort for those who eat while on the road so you have something to set your food or whatever else you might use it for. But mostly a bigger storage compartment.

Nice and Fun SUV to drive
By happy999

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2005 limited and absolutely am loving it! I don't think I will ever go back to a car. I have put almost 3,000 miles on it and enjoy getting into this vehicle to drive it everyday!

Sunroof and love the get up and go that this vehicle has.

Automatic door locks and headlights that come on automatically.

beach car
By beach buggy

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a right hand drive driven in Australia. I've driven the rav in the rain, on the beach, dirt roads and from short trips to over 6 hrs at any time. It will go just about anywhere with great comfort. It has more than enough room and power from the 4 cyl. I can get about 500k from a tank of petrol.

The AWD is the best, great pickup and handling. The build quality is the best.

better sound with built in antenna