Used 2005 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Satisfied with my SUV
By Dave

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Small on the outside (easy to park, squeeze between things), big enough on the inside (comfortable to drive, 2- person sleep, carry lots of stuff). I'm not an off-road expert but it takes as much as I can. Gas mileage as good as my last sedan. I have no regrets.

Built solid. Excellent IIHS safety ratings.

Toyota doesn't make these cars with every possible combination of ingredients. I wasn't able to get both 4wd and side curtain airbags; I had to make a choice.

Love this Car---So much better than CRV
By Mar

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

For a long time I could not decide between the Honda CRV and the Toyota rav 4. I loved the test drive, the interior, exterior, and trusted the Toyota name above all. Had this car for over a month now and love it. So happy with this vehicle!!!

Roomy trunk, where all the buttons are located.

Would love to have power seats-option not available. The speedometer, odometer area could also look more sophisticated.

Hot SUV
By Gail McDonald

2005 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I researched suv's for about 6 months before I settled on the RAV4... Of course, Toyota was the pivoting factor. I have owned Toyotas since 1987 and have been very impressed with them. This RAV4 answered all the needs I had. It's easy to park, turn corners, and takes up much less space in my garage. It has fantastic pick up, it moves faster and tighter than my Camry. The best feature was not having to sit down into a car. I have lower back problems and getting into and out of my Camry was so hard for me. I find this vehicle easy to get in and out of with no effort. I am 5'10" and need all the leg and head room it offers. I sit up high and the 360 degree view is awesome, no blind spots

The color - white pearl is beautiful. The hard rear tire cover is classy. The side curtain air bags give me comfort, being this is my first suv and I worried about roll overs.

Softer seats. Maybe 3-4 more inches for the second row (back seat) passengers

Great Disappointment
By Greyhater

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I used to think Toyota was a quality organization that was reponsive to customers. Unfortunately I could not have been more wrong. Buying this car was one of the worst mistakes of my life.

That it has a limited life, and I can move to a better car company.

Develop integrity with dealings with customers.

Excellent sporty dog suv
By spike

2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It handles great and I love the looks and overall appearance inside and outside.

AWD

The trim on the outside of the Rav4 seems to wear out over time more than a usual vehicle.