2004 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: Haven't gotten stuck in the sn

2004 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Haven't gotten stuck in the snow!
By mwitkes on

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Rav-4 for 2 months and put on 5500 miles so far. The 4-cyl is peppier with the improved 2004 engine and the 4 wheel drive has already proven itself in 2 New England smowstorms. The cargo area fits more than I expected with out having to put down the seats, but the legroom in the the front and back are tight. I used to have a loaded V-6 Accord and I don't miss it, I just wish the Rav had a optional V-6. I absloutely love it... only issues are a rattle in the dash and I had to replace a tire that was damaged and nobody had the Bridgestone tire I needed.

L Package, controls on the steering wheel, cargo area with fold down seats fits lots of luggage. I don't think I could ever own a car w/o 4 wheel drive again!

Leg room in the back is very tight, front seats could have a little more room also. Rear door heavy to open, should have it so you can open back window like other suv's without opening back door. Power drivers seat should be standard with L Package.