2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Rav4 L
By greenleaf33 on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was never a fan of the Rav4. Earlier models were very unattractive. When my wife's lease expired on her Honda Accord, we began looking for a compact SUV that she would be comfortable driving. With some reluctance, I convinced my wife to look at the Rav4. She had owned a Celica and a Corona in the past, and liked Toyota's vehicles, but she had the image of the original Rav4 (with it's ugly side panels) in her mind. We ended up purchasing a black Rav4 L with step rails,a roof rack, full power, and leather interior. We are both huge fans of the Rav4 now, and probably will buy another one when our current one gets older.

2004 Rav4 Manual
By Deputy Dan on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

SUPER good vehicle - my favorite ever. Great acceleration, nimble handling, just plain fun to drive. Reliability is great, stability on all types of road surfaces is superior.

Really Awesome Vehicle
By Gym Mom on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am extremely impressed with the Rav4's ability to hug the road in snow and ice conditions. If there was anything I could suggest to add, it would be an upgrade on creature comforts like climate control, heated seats and possibly a leather interior option. Handles great, plenty of pep and good fuel economy.

04 RAV4 L Best Choice
By August11 on 06/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wasn't sure when I bought my 2004 RAV4L if is it was the truck for me, but now I'm convinced! My RAV has a nimble feel, excellent braking and handling, unexpected fuel economy at 30mpg and is fun to drive. With a 5- speed, 4WD & traction control it handles fantastic during the NJ winters. It's has a smooth ride, but also a slight SUV/truck feel, which is why I bought it. (I owned a 1993 Toyota P/U 4x4 and loved it!)It took 8 weeks (the sunroof was put in at port in the U.S,) to get after I placed my order, but well worth the wait !

RAV4 gets rave review
By Ken Souza on 05/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Our RAV4 is everthing we expected and more. As long-time loyal Toyota customers (We still have our 1991 Corolla w/170,000 mi.) the RAV4 has met our every expectation with only one minor exception - wind noise. This vehicle is a pleasure to drive and ride in, even on long trips. Acceleration is very good with the more powerful 2004 engine. And design -- We have had a few second glances from young and adult alike. We plan to keep ours a long, long time.

We'll see
By FlyerFan on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Had a '96 Grand Cherokee but got sick of all the problems. I wanted to get a new car with: price tag at or below $20K, 4WD, extremely reliable, able to fit large cargo when needed, mostly a commuter car for work....only found 2 that met criteria...RAV4 & CRV. Didn't test drive CRV because to me it just looks tin-canny, and the wheels look too small to be stable. Advice to you would be to drive both and see. If you're looking for a family car, check out the Highlander ($5K more than RAV4). I bought a RAV4 and now have 1000 miles on it.

LOVE THIS BABY!
By TikiDikiDoo on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car this weekend and so far I truly love it! It rides like a dream and perfect to use for work and pleasure. Toyotas are one of the best cars you can buy. The price was right too!!

toyota fan
By arns toy on 05/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

great vehicle,the usual toyota build quality, great gas mileage over 30mpg on the freeway ,standard abs , traction control and stability control WOW! try that in honda cr-v

Good vehicle to own.
By larry leslie on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

so far I'm very pleased with the performance of this vehicle. Before I purchased it I compared vehicle prices and design, fuel milage, Engine power and handling in somewhat adverse weather conditions such as strong winds and snow covered roads. I was also pleased with the smooth ride. I looked at and test drove 4 other makes and models of SUV's before buying this one.

love toyota
By bambam on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

love this suv. perfect and has a lot of pep.