Used 2004 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

TASHAS RAV4
By cameron

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

So far put 8600 miles no problems to report to date, Awesome fuel economy for the type of vehicle avg 26mpg. Typical Toyota fit and finish and quality. Previous Toyota had 180000 miles without breakdowns and parts from the factory are very reasonable certainly cheaper than our Honda, also lot easier to maintain, don't have to take half the dashboard apart to change the a/c filter like our previous CR-V.

Fuel economy, build quality, styling, flexible interior, standard abs, traction control, stability control.

Needs auto off headlights, outside temp gauge, higher armrest and 5 speed auto.

My dream SUV...almost
By krimsin

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have wanted the Sport ed. since I first laid eyes on it. It is almost perfect for our family if it was just a bit bigger in the back it would be perfect. I can haul my husband, dog (in crate), newborn son (and all his stuff), and still have room for a bag of clothes for me.

Gas milage is as good as a large sedan, and the ride is really nice. Moon roof and hood scoop look very sharp.

Make the back seat a few inches wider on the sides and the cargo area a bit larger. Also, daylight running lights should be standard. 8 1/2 out of 10 for me

Horrible front seats rest is great
By Rienolf

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Nice SUV, just finished breaking it in. Front seats are really bad though, especially on long trips. Can't lay back comfortably, sitting up you get a bad neck ache. Best friend refuses to ride in it unless a figure out some fix for the seats. Could ride better on pavement. An option of touring non-all terrain tires would be nice, the A/T's are overkill for me, bit loud. Very flexible engine, though MPG suffers at high altitude in the mountains. A fine daily commuter aside from the seats. Could use better speakers also. With just the regular CD player they are overwhelmed.

Engine, Looks, AWD, Good AC and heat. Removable rear seats. All the safety features. Great insurance cost. OK MPG.

MUCH better front seats. Outside temp gage, better speakers, 5 speed automatic transmission. Quieter tires. Large/longer sunshades, adjusteble stering colume. Auto off headlights. Larger anti-roll bars (bit tippy)

Happy RAV4 owner
By keen43506

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my 2004 RAV4 for about 2 months and have 1100 miles on it. It is well built like my prior toyotas and I have not yet found even one defect. Gas mileage is about 24 mpg in mix of in town and short trips, haven't been on a longer trip yet to test highway mileage rating. I have the L package which adds some real style to the base RAV4. Seats are comfortable and interior room is greater than it first appears. Solid feel and handling.

Fun to drive, handles great, good mileage for 4WD. larger engine for 2004 packs some zip. exterior styling

Radio antenna in windshield, swap speedometer and tach position and re- size, brighter back up lights, auto on/auto off head lights all nice additions to make a great vehicle even better

excellent
By fred mueller

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

we are getting up in years and find it hard to enter and exit our solara which is in automotive talk can be considered a cream puff we would like to trade up to a rav4 if this is economicaly feasible

all