2004 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Best car I've owned so far.........
By Free_rider78 on 07/13/05 05:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love it! I hope to have it for many years to come......

A truly unique vehicle!!!
By victor on 06/14/05 16:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Why did I purchase this vehicle?? SIZE SIZE SIZE. With all the SUV makers trying make their SUVs larger and larger, the RAV4 is a truly refreshing choice in a dying breed. It's ultra- compact exterior size enables me to park in the TINIEST of places. It's unbelievably fabulous turning radius makes U-turns a breeze, and it's teeny exterior dimensions make driving on the super-crowded streets of LA a virtually stress-free experience. It's got decent power, is pretty comfy with very good handling for an SUV, and gives reasonable fuel economy (actual calc.21-23mpg city & 26-27hwy avg)

Very Happy With My Rav4
By Smilin' Bob on 05/20/05 17:03 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I waited to review my RAV4 until I could see how well it performed in winter snow. It performed exceptionally well after a 12" dumping. The AWD, traction and stability control worked great. I really had to work to make it skid! (and that's with OEM tires) It's been great when going camping and it gets good gas mileage. I've not had one reliability issue in 14 months now. I have absolutely no regrets in buying this great mini-SUV.

greatest value for the money
By Stan on 03/30/05 22:41 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very pleased with the handling, ride andpower. The build quality is excellent. Very good fit and finish. For a small vehicle has great power and acceleration. Engine can be a little noisy at times, and garage door opener receptacle is kind of chintzy. Headlamps could be a little brighter. Other than that, it's a joy to own and drive. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

Rav4 Play
By Diane67 on 03/19/05 17:50 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had my Rav for a short time, but I love this vehicle. It's got the Toyota reliability going for it, plus it's just cute as a button! My first vehicle that I was able to choose all by myself!

Love it
By Teresa on 03/12/05 14:59 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned other small SUVs and this one is the best yet. Great handling, good gas mileage and Toyota is great when it comes to customer service. I'll purchase another when the time comes.

excellent car
By tato on 02/10/05 11:55 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

it's a nice car, specially if you like to go out of your town, it's fun to drive, amazing sound system.

Great Cute-Ute
By Allan on 01/30/05 17:52 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great small ute veh. In general this veh is very fun to drive. Even more so in the winter snow. It has good ground clearance and has a smooth ride with smooth shifts. With the optional 6 airbags , ABS , Traction control , VSC and Side impact beams you feal very safe. It has a great turning radius and for a 4 cylinder has great pickup and go. In very low speeds (aprox 1 to 10 MPH) the transmition could be a little smoother (has trouble finding the gear you need) but once your acclerating normally your fine. In general this veh is built solid and if you treat it right by not beating on it, changing the oil and keeping up the maintaince it will last you well over 200k miles

Lousy Gas Mileage/No pick up
By Gdcsb on 01/08/05 07:24 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the worst car I ever owned. I am lucky to get 17mpg around town and 22mpg on hwy. For a small car, light car it has no guts. It is reliable and has a nice look; however, it really stinks. I just traded mine in for a Saturn SUV.

perfect for me
By larry on 12/28/04 03:56 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

very fun to drive and very important to me is that it is easy to get in and out of. i have a fused spine and the seat height is perfect for . easy to park and a good 4 wheel drive system for snow and some light off roading.