Used 2004 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

We'll see
By FlyerFan

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Had a '96 Grand Cherokee but got sick of all the problems. I wanted to get a new car with: price tag at or below $20K, 4WD, extremely reliable, able to fit large cargo when needed, mostly a commuter car for work....only found 2 that met criteria...RAV4 & CRV. Didn't test drive CRV because to me it just looks tin-canny, and the wheels look too small to be stable. Advice to you would be to drive both and see. If you're looking for a family car, check out the Highlander ($5K more than RAV4). I bought a RAV4 and now have 1000 miles on it.

Maneuverability and quietness. RAV4 turns corners like my Volvo S60

Higher center console (to rest arm on), more driver seat adjustment controls, more steering wheel adjustments...haven't yet found perfect seat position to be 100% comfortable

LOVE THIS BABY!
By TikiDikiDoo

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car this weekend and so far I truly love it! It rides like a dream and perfect to use for work and pleasure. Toyotas are one of the best cars you can buy. The price was right too!!

The moonroof, the radio controls on the steering wheel

toyota fan
By arns toy

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

great vehicle,the usual toyota build quality, great gas mileage over 30mpg on the freeway ,standard abs , traction control and stability control WOW! try that in honda cr-v

economy, quality, standard safety features

needs armrest, auto off headlights, antilockout, outside temperature gauge, make upgrade stereo more available and please get rid of the southeast distributor .

Good vehicle to own.
By larry leslie

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

so far I'm very pleased with the performance of this vehicle. Before I purchased it I compared vehicle prices and design, fuel milage, Engine power and handling in somewhat adverse weather conditions such as strong winds and snow covered roads. I was also pleased with the smooth ride. I looked at and test drove 4 other makes and models of SUV's before buying this one.

The good Engine Power and the fuel milage surprised me considering the vehicle is an SUV and that it better than many others in it's size range. Some cars don't do that well.

The slides on the rear seats should be fastened together so that they don't move independently. It can be a chore getting the seats back in.

love toyota
By bambam

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

love this suv. perfect and has a lot of pep.

5 speed, leather, AWD...........

cant put in fog lights. not like i need them, its all for cosmetics....