2004 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
My Rav4
By Maria Marciano on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 2004 Rav4. I got the sports package which has a little scoop in the hood and metal roof racks and a spoiler. I got the Rav4 in blue which is my fav color. I feel like i have a one of a kind Rav4.

From CRV to RAV4 and no regrets
By DenverSLP on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my 2003 CRV to a 2004 RAV4 for the simple reason that the RAV4 handles a tenfold better than the CRV. I found my CRV to be "trucky", FAR too big for a "compact SUV" and had terrible road noise. I would have ranked CRV's seating comfort a 2 for me...the worthless armrests dug into my sides; the legroom in the front was shy of sufficient for me (at 6'1). RAV4 changed ALL of that...I'm glad I got one!!

The Best Little SUV Ever!
By Barb Blasing on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Rav4. Both of my Rav 4's were dependable in any kind of weather. We get great gas mileage. It is easy and fun to drive and easy to park. It starts no matter how cold the weather has been. It handles snow drifts across highways and holds the road very well when slippery. It is all that is was advertised to be! The exterior and interior design of the new Rav4 is very attractive and just makes you want to get in and drive. The Sterio/CD is great too. There is plenty of head room in the new Rav4 to accomodate my husband. He doesn't feel cramped at all while driving it. Thank you Toyota for consistanly making an excellant product!

Best SUV for the money
By hazman on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Toyota packed so much into this little SUV. Being based on a car platform, it has a fantastic ride, and handles more like a car than an SUV. The new 2.4L engine is a blast and still the fuel economy is great, considering that this thing has AWD - I've averaged 27 mpg. The new audio controls on the steering are great, and I like the 6 cd sound system with 8 speakers. The refreshed styling makes it look even better, and I love the new wheels. 4 wheel discs are now standard, and much more confidence inspiring. This car is perfect. Has AWD, with great fuel economy, offers Vehicle Skid Control and traction control, and great braking too.

Love my RAV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By MeAndMyRav on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car everybody!!! I got a '95 civic when it was new and this is a welcome change. It's pretty friendly at the gas pump...I've been averaging 28-30 MPG! It's pep and style just mkae it so much fun to drive! The interior is very simple, sporty and user friendly. It's great for hauling stuff too. While you cannot fit everything in a RAV, it's great for trips to the supermarket and home improvement stores. This car is perfect for me and my family. We can fit 4 people reasonably comfortably and we don't find the interior driving noise to be bad at all. I highly reccommend this mini 'ute!

Toyota RAV4
By Jeff C on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The RAV4 exemplifies Toyota quality inside and out. I find the design and engineering of the vehicle to be exceptional. You won't find a loose bolt on this vehicle anywhere. It has more than enough power for a 2.4 liter engine and it turns on a dime. The interior design is well laid out. Instrumentation is easy to read and easily accessible. Overall, the best small SUV on the market in my opinion.

toyota Rav4
By IOwnARav4 on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, the rav4 is priced nicely for what it delivers. Although the engine is not powerful, I took it off-road and it handled well and was very impressed.

I'm gonna RAVE about my new RAV!!!
By Bella0724 on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have only been driving my new RAV for a short time, but I am already impressed by it's power, roomy interior, and thoughtful cabin design. I zip around town and on the freeways, all with little interior noise. The car has great pickup...much more than you'd expect for a 4 cylinder. It's so much fun to drive and kind to your wallet at the gas station.

RAV 4 - I Miss Mine
By sthomas on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

If you're thinking about getting a RAV 4; DO! I loved mine! Some stupid idiot totalled it.=(. Now I'm shopping every where to find something that comes close to comparing. Haven't found anything quite yet. Too bad the dealers around here can't sell me mine again.

Love it!
By pbgile on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have just purchased this vehicle and I love it. It is comfortable, reliable, and sporty.