Used 2004 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

2004 Rav4 Manual
By Deputy Dan

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

SUPER good vehicle - my favorite ever. Great acceleration, nimble handling, just plain fun to drive. Reliability is great, stability on all types of road surfaces is superior.

A smaller, more fuel efficient SUV with real room inside. I'm 6'-2", and even so find great headroom, adequate legroom, and great ergonomics.

It's NOISY.

Really Awesome Vehicle
By Gym Mom

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am extremely impressed with the Rav4's ability to hug the road in snow and ice conditions. If there was anything I could suggest to add, it would be an upgrade on creature comforts like climate control, heated seats and possibly a leather interior option. Handles great, plenty of pep and good fuel economy.

Versatile cargo area. Lots of interior features which are impressive in this price range.

climate control, heated seats, leather interior option.

Pleasant Surprise
By Ron LaRue

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I are really impressed with all the attributes of this vehicle. We originally purchased to tow behind an RV, but we love it so much we use it everywhere. The interior room is really great for the two of us and hauling. The outside dimensions make it a great tow vehicle with a dolley.

The exterior styling and the inside room for hauling items of an everyday nature. Also the gas mileage is great.

Would like to see a navigation system option as well as a remote keyed entry system

04 RAV4 L Best Choice
By August11

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wasn't sure when I bought my 2004 RAV4L if is it was the truck for me, but now I'm convinced! My RAV has a nimble feel, excellent braking and handling, unexpected fuel economy at 30mpg and is fun to drive. With a 5- speed, 4WD & traction control it handles fantastic during the NJ winters. It's has a smooth ride, but also a slight SUV/truck feel, which is why I bought it. (I owned a 1993 Toyota P/U 4x4 and loved it!)It took 8 weeks (the sunroof was put in at port in the U.S,) to get after I placed my order, but well worth the wait !

4WD, traction control, comfortable and sporty to drive, Everglade Metallic paint color appears to make the truck look 3 different colors (but not all at the same time) blue, green and silver; it's amazing.

power front seats are the only thing it's missing!

RAV4 gets rave review
By Ken Souza

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Our RAV4 is everthing we expected and more. As long-time loyal Toyota customers (We still have our 1991 Corolla w/170,000 mi.) the RAV4 has met our every expectation with only one minor exception - wind noise. This vehicle is a pleasure to drive and ride in, even on long trips. Acceleration is very good with the more powerful 2004 engine. And design -- We have had a few second glances from young and adult alike. We plan to keep ours a long, long time.

I like the idea of having audio controls on the stearing wheel. The "auto up" feature on the driver's side window is a nice, convenient touch.

The RAV4 could use a tinted windshield.

• SUV