Used 2004 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

My 2nd RAV4
By Patsie

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the most comfortable ride. the seat molds your body which makes driving so easy. Five people are not crowded and you can carry on conversations easily because the motor is so quiet. My next car down the road (about 2-3 years) will be a RAV4!!!!

Favorite Features

I am sitting up high, enough that I can see off in the distance I will never go back to a sedan ever again

Suggested Improvements

To make the defrosting worked easier because of FL. heat and using the wipers with our downpours sometimes it takes longer than I want it too.

excellent
By kalafa

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The back seats are not comfortable for full size adults.

Favorite Features

exterior design, handling, easy to access features on panel. I love the cup holders

Suggested Improvements

back seats comfort

Pleasant Surprise
By Ron LaRue

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I are really impressed with all the attributes of this vehicle. We originally purchased to tow behind an RV, but we love it so much we use it everywhere. The interior room is really great for the two of us and hauling. The outside dimensions make it a great tow vehicle with a dolley.

Favorite Features

The exterior styling and the inside room for hauling items of an everyday nature. Also the gas mileage is great.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to see a navigation system option as well as a remote keyed entry system

Rav4 L
By greenleaf33

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was never a fan of the Rav4. Earlier models were very unattractive. When my wife's lease expired on her Honda Accord, we began looking for a compact SUV that she would be comfortable driving. With some reluctance, I convinced my wife to look at the Rav4. She had owned a Celica and a Corona in the past, and liked Toyota's vehicles, but she had the image of the original Rav4 (with it's ugly side panels) in her mind. We ended up purchasing a black Rav4 L with step rails,a roof rack, full power, and leather interior. We are both huge fans of the Rav4 now, and probably will buy another one when our current one gets older.

Favorite Features

Size: I can parrallel park in the smallest of spaces, but there is plenty of interior space for passengers and cargo. Style: The L model is very sporty and the rounded contours make the current Rav4 far more attrctive than earlier models.

Suggested Improvements

Improve visibilty in blinds spots. See through head rest might help. The rear and sides windows are of ample size, but the backseat head rest block the driver's view to the rear.

2004 Rav4 Manual
By Deputy Dan

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

SUPER good vehicle - my favorite ever. Great acceleration, nimble handling, just plain fun to drive. Reliability is great, stability on all types of road surfaces is superior.

Favorite Features

A smaller, more fuel efficient SUV with real room inside. I'm 6'-2", and even so find great headroom, adequate legroom, and great ergonomics.

Suggested Improvements

It's NOISY.