Used 2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Most Helpful|
TASHAS RAV4
By cameron

2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

So far put 8600 miles no problems to report to date, Awesome fuel economy for the type of vehicle avg 26mpg. Typical Toyota fit and finish and quality. Previous Toyota had 180000 miles without breakdowns and parts from the factory are very reasonable certainly cheaper than our Honda, also lot easier to maintain, don't have to take half the dashboard apart to change the a/c filter like our previous CR-V.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, build quality, styling, flexible interior, standard abs, traction control, stability control.

Suggested Improvements

Needs auto off headlights, outside temp gauge, higher armrest and 5 speed auto.

Love this car!
By Erin

2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven this car for two years now and I can't imagine myself driving any other car! It's one of the safest out there, I can personally attest for its front impact safety, I'm still here and thankfully my car could be completely fixed and its as good as new! I love it, and recommend it to anyone out there! It's awesome for college too! Traveling back and forth on breaks all the time it's easy to fit all I need in this car, it's the perfect size!

Excellent vehicle
By tundyguy

2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent vehicle, extreme reliability is what Toyota is known for and the 04 Rav4 does not disappoint. 109,000 miles so far and the vehicle is just as sturdy and tight as the day I brought it home with 12 miles on the odo. I changed the Fan belt at , 52,000 and the brakes at 100,000 miles and thats it , still has the factory headlight bulbs, Toyota's durability really shines through in these vehicles. Its amazing, no rattles and little noises etc. after 109.000 miles. The seats have just been broken in , feel a lot more comfy now than when they were new. The styling is all Toyota, laid back and not flashy.

Favorite Features

The Engine and transmission, the awesome JBL stereo, the removability of the seals for more cargo room, the quality of the material, quality of construction, fit and finish. The dash layout the lighting of the interior, the quality of the carpeting,the firm tight feel of the steering like a eur car

Suggested Improvements

The subsequent models have answered the problem, more room in back, a bigger quieter engine, now lets see if they will be as durable , reliable and tightly built as the 2004 model were.

My very 1st Toyota
By Amy S

2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my new 2004 rav4 on tuesday June 22,2004! I have to say in the short time that I have had it I am VERY happy with it..I cant wait until I get past the brake in period so my children and I can take some road trips this summer with it. I have wanted a Toyota ever since my mother bought a tercel back in the early 80's I loved that little car and always said that I'd get on one day I would own one.I dont know what took me so long to switch over from ford and dodge!!

Favorite Features

exterior,peppyness,how it handles around curves

Suggested Improvements

nothing that I can think of.i am very happy with my decision to go with toyota,i have driven mothing but vans (Ford& dodge) for the last 8 yrs and changing to a SUV is a good one! I need to buy another one my 17yr old daughter want it!

Comfort, Reliable, Safe and low maint
By djay

2004 Toyota RAV4 SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was researching for more than 2 months for buying a nice preowned car. My search ended with finding this gem at a good price. First priority was safety of my family and myself. Full marks to this car for the curtain airbags, anti-skid and all wheel drive. In deep-snow,icy conditions this car feel very safe and secure to drive. Highly configurable interior. the second row of seats comes off giving you a lot of hauling area. Was able to get furniture for an entire bedroom from ikea due to this and saved a lot of $$. Overall fun to drive on weekends with the family. Seats are well supported and interior is luxurious

Favorite Features

SAFETY with AWD and skid control Highly configurable and luxurious interior Looks good with the alloys, roof rack and rear spoiler.

Suggested Improvements

better, more responsive gear box for automatic.