2004 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Great Remarks for Rav 4
By djaeight on 01/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle. It has a great ride and a lot less wind and road noise than expected.

My rav 4
By ashleigh on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Fun to drive,good looking.built solid and gets good gas mileage.Great traction in bad weather.

grrrrrreat!
By allie002 on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

great! i have the 'L' model. I love it! However since it's my first SUV, im realizing they require and use more gas, so im frequenting the gas station...

Simply RAVASHN
By Bett1e on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. I looked for 3 years and was told there is no such thing as a "perfect" vehicle for you. I was just about to settle when I saw the re-designed Rav4. I love this vehcle (oh, I said that already). Anyway, it is Blue Specra, Roof-rack, sports-scoop, and sunroof. It is a joy to drive and to own.

surprisingly stunning
By daddybcoole on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

drove my 04 rav to reno,nevada 2 weeks ago with my family. I thought it will have a hard time climbing , I was completely wrong, the RAV 4 was very strong, handling was superb, brakes were outstanding,you could'nt ask for more. The S package was perfect for the snow, huge interior space for the kids.My wife and my kids love it so I know I got myself an all around vehicle.

Better value than CR-V LX
By hemoyt on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This year should be big for RAV4 though toyota doesn't put more effort to advertise the fact that by using a 2.4 vvt-i engine with VSC, trac ctrl and disc brakes for 4 wheels, ABS on standard list, RAV4 packs a better value comparing the once class-leader CR-V, esp., at the entery-level trims. Except for the sometimes buzzy engine and high-rev transmission under harder accelerations, I don't have any thing to complain on my mid-january cross country driving from Massachusetts to San Franscisco. If you don't care extra several cubic feets cargo or backseat room, RAV4 offers much better safety features over CR-V LX.

Great all-around truck
By Jerre on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The new 2004 version is a nice upgrade over 2003 and includes standard ABS and steering wheel controls. Well designed interior for practicality and convenience. The new engine is quicker and quieter which is a long overdue improvement. The manual trans. is smooth and easy to operate...unlike the poorly engineered CRV clutch. Major flaw- an oversized, ridiculously heavy rear door with a window that won't open. Puzzling why Toyota failed to re- design such an obvious flaw?! Also, the RAV4 could be a little longer for more cargo room. Overall though, this is a very well constructed vehicle and rates the best out of all small SUV's I test drove.

Amazing Vehicle
By EricaK on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The toyota Rav 4 is a very reliable SUV. Not only is it fun to drive, but it handles extremely well in all weather. The RAV4 is my favorite SUV on the market because it is not a large vehicle, the inside has the same amount of room as a car, but the outside is big and off the ground. Being a college student, this is the perfect car for me because of its size and performance.

Fun Car but it rattles!
By Cran on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV and I love it! It is tight on the road not matter what the weather and is just plain fun to drive. However, since Day 1 there is a constant rattle coming from the front. The dealer remove the front end - could find nothing loose and sprayed the entire area with foam. This took care of the problem but it came back after 2 weeks! Unfortunately I will have to make the time to bring it in again and I only have 1000 miles on the car! The service manager said this was the 2nd RAV4 with a mysterious rattle.

2004 Base 4WD RAV4 5 Speed
By BrianBiker on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the RAV4 for my wife because she liked the looks and we have had good experiences with Toyotas. I would have preferred an Element, but she hated the appearance. Anyway, now that we have it, it is growing on me. It is somewhat underpowered, even with the new 2.4L, so if you drive quickly, avoid the automatic, as it will be constantly downshifting, which is very noisy. With a 5 speed it is O.K. Handling is also O.K., it seems a little less precise than a 2003, although that is from memory. Steering and pedals all have a very light feel. But reasonably enjoyable to drive, especially for an SUV.