Used 2004 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Very Nimble
By San Diego Rav 4

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a 96 BMW 318is and love the RAV 4. It is very nimble and responsive, Has enough get up and go for city driving, and is more fun to drive than I thought it would be. Not a luxury car or as solid as a BMW, but it is a great vehicle for the money. It is so easy and comfortable to drive.

Favorite Features

Responsive and nimble. Nice tight turning radius.

Suggested Improvements

Seats could be more sporty and conform to the body a little more.

A Great Small SUV
By Eddie O

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We've only had the vehicle a little over a month. My wife and I looked at several similar vehicles before settling on the RAV 4. My wife drives the vehicle to work daily and the RAV 4's safety and handling features were much better than the competition. Specifically, it was the only small SUV to offer stability control and traction control. We looked at the Honda CR-V, Honda Element, Ford Escape, Mistubishi Outlander, and Subaru Forester. To date fuel mileage is better than expected.

Favorite Features

Our decision to purchase the RAV 4 was based on the added safety and handling features; the right size for a couple no longer carting children around; and the great fuel mileage for an SUV.

Suggested Improvements

One item I would like to see is the addition of a 6 CD changer and XM radio as standard features. I like my music when I drive. Satellite radio is not offered and the 6 CD in-dash changer is an option.

My very 1st Toyota
By Amy S

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my new 2004 rav4 on tuesday June 22,2004! I have to say in the short time that I have had it I am VERY happy with it..I cant wait until I get past the brake in period so my children and I can take some road trips this summer with it. I have wanted a Toyota ever since my mother bought a tercel back in the early 80's I loved that little car and always said that I'd get on one day I would own one.I dont know what took me so long to switch over from ford and dodge!!

Favorite Features

exterior,peppyness,how it handles around curves

Suggested Improvements

nothing that I can think of.i am very happy with my decision to go with toyota,i have driven mothing but vans (Ford& dodge) for the last 8 yrs and changing to a SUV is a good one! I need to buy another one my 17yr old daughter want it!

My RAV4
By Moira S

2004 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had it for a year and I ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT. It is affordable and it is very roomy for its size. It has great pick up for a 4 cyl engine. I feel extremely safe in it.

Favorite Features

I love it all or I wouldn't have bought it.

Suggested Improvements

I saw the 04 and it looked like it was a little lower to the ground then the 03. I would stay with how the 03 were. other then that it is a great car and I an very happy with my RAV4.

buy it
By alex2

2004 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Comfortable, easy to drive with very good handling. Not a speed demon but neither is anyhting else in this class. Great on trips, highways and aroung town. Would highlt recomend.

Favorite Features

Great vehicle with no real complaints

Suggested Improvements

at $2.00 per gallon, gas mileage