2003 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: Hate it or love it

2003 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Hate it or love it
By gorav4 on

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Love the car in terms of the inter/exter design and handling. Hate the price of the car and initial quality. Maybe I care too much about the quality, but that is one of the major reasons I bought the car. It is not fun to bring car back to dealer even for warranty services. In addtion, this car really need a V6 engine to be perfect although 4 handles majority of the task really well. Hum, maybe I should n't make that wish since mpg was the other reason I bought RAV4. Or I should be smart enough to get a Hightlander or RX300. Anyway, compare to my old buddy - 94 camry, RAV4 is much better.

Small enough to drive/park in the city. Big enough to handle the load when go to Home Depot/IKEA. Safe enough to go anywhere ever in the 6 inch snow. Tall enough to enjoy the view even in the traffic.

Need imporvement in initial quality (no rattle, no squeaking please). Need to reduce the engine and road noice somewhat. Yeah, where is my 6CD changer that this price?