Great Car!
By Commuter Girl on
2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
Purchased Nov 2003, I commute 160 miles RT four days a week. This car jams! Does 70-80 mph in carpool lane with no shakes. Tended to be really noisy inside until I got high quality tires. Gas mileage really disappointing for such a small car but handles like a dream, has plenty of power to pass vehicles on daily mountain pass climb, even with the air on! Lots of cargo room with back seats down. VERY stable in scary conditions - quick response and recovery. Tire size is NOT standard - hard to find replacements at decent prices. Just now replacing shocks/struts/brakes at 64K miles. Fun to drive, does very well on 4WD roads, extremely reliable.
Favorite Features
I am pretty hard on this car as I drive through mountains, desert and questionable roads daily - It has had NO problems! For such a small vehicle, seats are high and comfortable. Great acceleration, superb air conditioning, hope it will last 350K miles like my previous Toyota pickup!
Suggested Improvements
Rear seats need to fold down FLAT IN BOTH DIRECTIONS for optimum cargo hauling and passenger sleeping. Add an open space between front seats for a purse/bag! Better insulation to tone down inside noise.