Good car; not for family
By 1999camry on
2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
I drive a 99 Camry and love it, so when we has our first child and my wife needed a vehicle to replace her 94 accord coupe we went with Toyota. The RAV (sprt pkg)is sharp looking. We now have two kids, and it has become very cramped. We have had the car for a little over a year now and have had the ck eng light on for most of that time due to a failing cat converter, though we've not had any trouble yet. We also had to replace the main computer because it was causing the tran to slip- Toyota covered this pricey repair at no cost to us (thank you!), despite the fact that we are not the original owner and it is outside the orig warranty.
Favorite Features
Awd is fantastic in north/central Ohio winters. Sharp looks. Tumble/pop out seats. Sharp turning radius.
Suggested Improvements
Noisy & rough ride. Distance between 1st & 2nd Rows is too tight to Comfortably accommodate kids car seats (don't car designers have kids?), I think newer models have increased in size. Fuel mileage is less than desirable, esp in a small vehicle (about 19 mpg). Generally a good car for a couple, but I don't recommend for a growing family.