2003 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: Carve up the backroads

2003 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

Carve up the backroads
By matt_in_motion on

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice engine. Quiet. Excellent stereo. Superb handling. I drive 30 miles each way to work (27mpg). Back roads and 2 lane highway. I bought this SUV for the FT4WD and the stickshift. I didn't want a computer deciding when to engage the 4WD. I also test drove CRV, Saturn, Forester, Imprezza, others... I was really excited when I first purchased it. My wife likes it. Now after 3 months, I am very satisfied. I can't wait for a lot of snow this winter to test the FT4WD. With a rear-facing car seat, my 5'6" wife has 1" of kneeroom between the glovebox. Forward facing car-seat provides adequate room in front seat.

Handling (steering, suspension). Excellent 6 speaker stereo. Interior design. Fuel economy.

Add outside temp gauge!! The corolla has one!!! More rear legroom. With a rear-facing car seat, my 5'6" wife has 1" of kneeroom between the glovebox. Eliminate beep when locking/unlocking doors with factory alarm. Difficult to access CD's in center console.