2003 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: Best value (for what it is!)

2003 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Review

Best value (for what it is!)
By Vamanos on

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Thanks to all you reviewers who helped me decide against the CR-V and for the RAV4. Visually, it was no contest. CR- V may have 15 or so more horses, but it was way too conservative, bland and boring. My 12 year old Saturn had more style. The new Sport model with the Graphite Gray Pearl paint sold me. With gas at $2.00+ a gal., I'm pleased with the 4 cyl mileage (so far). Glad I chose the RAV 4 over the Saturn Vue, though for the money it is very close and I will miss the dent-free side panels. My mini RX 300 is functional, sexy, sporty and half the price of the Lexus. Gotta get the moon roof and wider wheels/tires to maximize comfort and handling.

Love the moon roof, wider tires, graphite pearl paint, sport upholstery, dash design, visibility and thoughtful interior/exterior design and styling. Handles beautifully with a solid road feel.

Sound system is a major let down. Speakers need a coaxial upgrade. Should not need speakers for the money I paid. A few more horses under the hood, but I knew that going in and wanted the high mileage. If power is what you want, check out the Saturn Vue V-6