2003 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Love our RAV4s!
By Barby on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We own a 1998 Rav4, decided to get a 2003. It is Spectra Mica Blue, with a moon roof, luggage rack, 2 WD auto trans, and Quick Pkg. Improvements since 1998 are impressive. The ride is smoother, seats are very comfortable, seating in the back is adjustable for more legroom, there are lots more nooks and crannies for storage, cup holders (4) that are adjustable, a neat little eyeglass holder hidden under steering wheel, nice small storage area under the floormat in back storage area, and a fishnet pocket on rear door. A compartment above the rearview mirror holds your garage door opener, etc. Better insulated agains road noise. City mpg 28.

Great Mini SUV
By CD#1 on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I Just purchased my RAV4 after researching for little over 6 months in the mini suv class. This is my first SUV, & I love it. So far, I am a happy first-time toyota driver. The ride is smooth, visibility is great, the stereo sound is perfect. I love the moonroof and overall sporty look of the RAV4 - it definitely stands out from the rest. The gas mileage also has been pretty good. My only complaint is the headrest is uncomfortable, and I am unable to get it to adjust just right.

excellent
By erwin on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

fun to drive, easy to handle, nice interior, ergonomically designed

Excellent Car for people in their 20s!!!
By anarod81 on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Very reliable car. Not a lot of space in the backseat, but nice trunk and very comfy in the front. Because it is only 4 cylinders, car is does not go up steep hills very fast. Not good for racing, but fuel economy is excellent (same as a sedan)!

ease on down the road
By teen driver on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

A few months ago my dad bought the RAV4 L for me to learn how to drive on After looking at other vehicles we decided on the RAV4. It has great visability and handels very well. I feel very comfortable driving this car.

A commuters dream car.
By ilvsmcars on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a RAV4-L with AWD and 5sp Man trans. I purchased largely due to interior comfort and driver space. Aestherics playes a role as well. Driving experience is very good. The car is very nimble, and handles road bumps with ease. Excellent brakes. Downside is a somwehat underpowered engine. The manual seems to make little difference due to the rather close gearing in the car. One could easily go from 2nd to 5th and not really miss 3rd and 4th. Torque comes in a very tight range of RPM and I find myself always dropping a gear or two to get the most out of the engine. Nevertheless, I have come to really enjoy how the car drives.

Mostly good
By Mick "The Kid" on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Really like my RAVA4 for the most part. Rides and handles nicely and is very sharp looking. Does lack a few features that most vehicles have by 2003, such as compass, thermometer, self locking doors etc. Unlighted clock is rather difficult to read in daytime.

needs bigger rear end
By lobos on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is a reliable car. It has great gas milage. We drove on the freeway for 61/2 hours and we did not need to fill it up. We drove 60-65 mls an hour.

Simply Perfect
By Holly8484 on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my RAV for over a year and 1/2, and I still love driving it. Drives very smoothly, just like a car. I had a Camery before I got my RAV 4, and to be honest, I like the RAV much better. It also makes me feel safe while driving. You wont regret buying this one! I promise!!!

Better than I expected
By S.Baker on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this Rav for the wife. She had some reservations about the 4 cyl. After driving it for a few months it has excceded her and my expectations. Off road it's great as long as you avoid extreme situations.Ground clearance is fantastic, very little wheel spin and very agile. On the highway it really shines, it will cruise all day without breaking a sweat up hills included with close to 30 mpg.Once it gets too 3000 rpms it's pretty impressive. The only real down side is the cup holders could use some improvement and it can be a real slug at stop light to stop light unless you activate the ECT.