2003 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
RAV 4 buyers beware
By The Pilot 2 on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

MY RAV gets 24 MPG on highways while my Pilot gts 21MPG.Why the small difference. Both use premium gas and carry just my bag and lunch bag. Got rip off buying this car, swear will never get a TOYOTA, 6 of my co-workers got their cars from my Pilot dealer while 13 more are in line and gettin their first car. Its a personal crusade of mine to vear out every friend and acquaintance out from Toyota delearships

Carve up the backroads
By matt_in_motion on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice engine. Quiet. Excellent stereo. Superb handling. I drive 30 miles each way to work (27mpg). Back roads and 2 lane highway. I bought this SUV for the FT4WD and the stickshift. I didn't want a computer deciding when to engage the 4WD. I also test drove CRV, Saturn, Forester, Imprezza, others... I was really excited when I first purchased it. My wife likes it. Now after 3 months, I am very satisfied. I can't wait for a lot of snow this winter to test the FT4WD. With a rear-facing car seat, my 5'6" wife has 1" of kneeroom between the glovebox. Forward facing car-seat provides adequate room in front seat.

Pleased With my RAV4
By RAV4_owner on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My RAV4 has been good to me since I bought it in June. I traded in my 2001 Honda Civic (which I liked) for maintenance and utility reasons. I do my own basic maintenance so being able to get under the vehicle is key. Now I'm also able to haul larger objects in the back and I am able to tow a jet ski which wasn't possible with the Civic. With the RAV4, I'm able to have a better gas mileage (relative to other SUVs).

could give beter gas Mileage
By Grayfox on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My experience with the vehicle was good I like about the vehicle we have lot of space.and if you could come with 6v models my dislike, are more driver legs space,mechanical problem are vehicle hesitate to go over hill some time and when are thay go to come out with that oxgen vehicle that only water are air come out of the tall pipe.

Great Car...our 1st Toyata
By Larry Floyd on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Thought we wanted another CRV Honda....didn't get a good feeling when calling around about stock...bought new RAV 4 instead...our first Toyota...we love it...wish Toyota made motorhomes...our Damon Ultrasport is a piece of junk compared to the Toyota...from now on...it's only Toyota for us...

Wouldn't trade it
By marmet on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Love the RAV4. Would add some splash of interior options (leather seating for one) but wouldn't trade it!

rav4 s model
By benny68 on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The rav4 is a great suv for the driver who's looking for fuel economy and car like handling. I bought the sports model and love the way it looks.

the suv of the suv
By terri christian on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

this is the first time that i have owned a toyota,and the first time for a suv, i love it, mines black with the grey on it and has a luggage rack. i was gonna get one with a spoiler on it but after i saw one without the spoiler, loved it better, the spoiler makes them look UGLY!!!! im having a blast with mine.

Great SUV
By kaiserboy on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great handling and very stable on the road. Would have liked a rear bumper, but that can be purchased aftermarket fairly cheap.

brake noise sometime
By binh nguyen on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

my 2003 rav4 has alot of noise from every time i step on the brake,it happen after two weeks from the i purchase,i brink back to dearler to comppland,i come back after five houres my encer is ,we can't find the proplem sorry,my name is binh nguyen recomment not to buy toyota rav4 untill toyota recall all 2003 rav4 and fix that