2003 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Fun-SUV
By MichaelStroeher on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Best driving-fun, even on sandy roads.

Our First SUV
By B.P.B on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It was a little hard to find the exact options we wanted with a manual trans but we managed to get everything but the ABS in our final choice and I was very happy with our final price. It is a VERY comfortable ride and so far we are getting decent MPG with city suburb driving 26MPG. The only complaint is what everyone else is saying....more power.

not what i expected
By Rick on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Not at all what i expected .. car is a company car so i have no say in it but i wouldnt buy one dosent have pep not much room for people unless your 5" im 5'9 and i cant drive with my son sitting behind me his legs hit the seat

Love it!
By Lynnette on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2003 Rav4 with the sports package a week and a half ago. I traded in my 98 Corolla. The Rav is great for people with physical limitations. I have arthritis in my hips, back issues, shoulder problems and have not had as much pain since driving the Rav. There are two complaints, first is there is no get up and go which is dangerous in my opinion - my Corolla hauled a$$! Secondly the stereo system is horrible, I cannot get the local stations that I used to get in the Corolla. The sound of the stereo(CD player) is good. My dog loves having his own space in the back, and I love not having dog fur all over the vehicle. So far, all is well!

Some comprimise
By L. Y. on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Choosing looks over power is a comprimise you have to be willing to make.

Love My RAV!
By juggs on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love this truck; it's a great all around vehicle. I commute 50 miles round trip daily, mostly freeway and in heavy traffic, and so far am averaging 23 mpg. Visibility and acceleration are good. Do your research; test drive more than once; drive it at night; take it on the freeway; take it up a hill; make a u- turn. The RAV is a lot of fun.

Typical Toyota Quality
By RGL on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My 2003 RAV4 Sport is the 5th Toyota product we have purchased and it has delivered satisfaction. Those who have slammed the mini-"ute" have somehow forgotten that this is a 4 cylinder mini-suv. For driving around the city and periodic trips on the interstate the performance is satisfying. I have had no problems keeping up with more expensive vehicles on the interstate and at 75mph, the ride is quiet and comfortable. I am very satisfied with my RAV and yes it does deserve its rating as the top rated min- suv by Consumer Reports.

Honey, who shrunk my Lexus RX300
By Nancy Nicolosi on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Tired of always driving sedans; I decided I wanted an SUV this time around. Have owned Hondas for 12 years yet thought that the CRV was boring. I don't know if I will be as happy with my RAV 4 in three years but for the first month -- I could not be happier. Just a fun vehicle to drive!

beef it up a bit
By neil on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

the build quality on this vehicle seems excellent. i have owned toyota trucks prior to this one and i am happy to see that they have not diminished the quality of the product like some other manufacturers have. the ride is a bit stiff on bumpy roadways but feels very solid for a compact vehicle. the seats could be improved on a bit, and i would like to see larger tires available besides the 235x60x16 car like tires supplied.it is more car-like than suv..

beef it up a bit
By Neil on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)