Used 2003 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Great SUV
By kaiserboy

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great handling and very stable on the road. Would have liked a rear bumper, but that can be purchased aftermarket fairly cheap.

Good pick-up and the MPG cannot be beat.

brake noise sometime
By binh nguyen

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

my 2003 rav4 has alot of noise from every time i step on the brake,it happen after two weeks from the i purchase,i brink back to dearler to comppland,i come back after five houres my encer is ,we can't find the proplem sorry,my name is binh nguyen recomment not to buy toyota rav4 untill toyota recall all 2003 rav4 and fix that

Love our RAV4s!
By Barby

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We own a 1998 Rav4, decided to get a 2003. It is Spectra Mica Blue, with a moon roof, luggage rack, 2 WD auto trans, and Quick Pkg. Improvements since 1998 are impressive. The ride is smoother, seats are very comfortable, seating in the back is adjustable for more legroom, there are lots more nooks and crannies for storage, cup holders (4) that are adjustable, a neat little eyeglass holder hidden under steering wheel, nice small storage area under the floormat in back storage area, and a fishnet pocket on rear door. A compartment above the rearview mirror holds your garage door opener, etc. Better insulated agains road noise. City mpg 28.

The smoooooth ride, and how much FUN it is to drive. The great moon roof too.

An optional V6 engine.

Great Mini SUV
By CD#1

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I Just purchased my RAV4 after researching for little over 6 months in the mini suv class. This is my first SUV, & I love it. So far, I am a happy first-time toyota driver. The ride is smooth, visibility is great, the stereo sound is perfect. I love the moonroof and overall sporty look of the RAV4 - it definitely stands out from the rest. The gas mileage also has been pretty good. My only complaint is the headrest is uncomfortable, and I am unable to get it to adjust just right.

Moonroof, and overall design (interior and exterior), I know I am going to love the heated o/s mirrors in the winter.

standard 6 disc in-dash CD Player for L package RAV4, and automatic seat at least for driver side.

excellent
By erwin

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

fun to drive, easy to handle, nice interior, ergonomically designed

handling