2003 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Just Great!
By laureb on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Fell in love at first sight and after several days, I am still in awe when I consider the total perfection of this vehicle. The exterior design has much appeal as has the interior. Further, it has plenty of pep and handles beautifully in all traffic conditions. I like the 2-wheel drive as it burns less gas.

Wow
By B Humphreys on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second RAV4 my first one is still kicking from 1997. I like the extra power this has over that one. The little quirks have been worked out and the car rides wonderfully. Small engine, 5 speed, L package is the way to go...

I have try it, it is worse than i though
By kalokt on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have testdrive it, the color was impressive (the blue one), but the inside feature and the dealership is not that goooood. Generally the car is ok, inside doesn't have a great room, but acceptable.

Fun little SUV
By Fred on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Much more fun to drive than the CRV. With the smooth-shifting 5-speed transmission, the 2.0 VVi engine has adequate power with very good gas mileage--got 31 MPG on the first tank driving highway. My wife loves her RAV; great for our small family and trips around town.

A great vehicle to drive
By Kim-H.S. Golf Coach on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my RAV4 last January and I'm surprised at how much I enjoy it! I drive about 130 miles round trip to work, both city/highway miles, and I'm averaging 26 mpgs. I can haul people/things with this vehicle. I haven't noticed the lack of power that most people are griping about. My husband and I hauled butt, fully loaded, at 70+, in the Rockies with no problem. Hmmm, maybe some people just like to complain...or maybe I don't drive like a maniac! I have the all- wheel drive version, and it handles well in crappy, snowy driving conditions.

Great little SUV
By SA174 on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

So far it has been a great little SUV. Some have said the finish was not as good as other toyotas? We find it comparable to our Sequoia which is excellent.

Great Little SUV
By touracc on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Flat out - Great Quality Car. Very easy to drive, great fuel economy compared to other SUVs, and the fact that it's a Toyota says a lot. Engine is quiet and heats up quickly in cold conditions. And, the price is very comparable when it comes to an SUV. Very fun to drive in the city and handles great on the interstate.

Fun to drive but under powered
By x-cpwrguy-99 on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I considered a Honda CRx and the Rav4. I bought the RAV4 because of the better looks and handling. They both need more power. My 1993 Honda prelude SI is much quicker, with 160 vs 148 on the Rav4. Mileage is about the same 23 overall. The RAV4 is much more comfortable and has 4 wheel drive, needed in WI in the winter.

The smallest SUV in America
By Eddie Newlson on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I like the styling, I hate the performance, I like the small size (easy to park in tight spots), I hate the little towing power. The interior feels very small after sitting in my father's LX470

Hate it or love it
By gorav4 on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Love the car in terms of the inter/exter design and handling. Hate the price of the car and initial quality. Maybe I care too much about the quality, but that is one of the major reasons I bought the car. It is not fun to bring car back to dealer even for warranty services. In addtion, this car really need a V6 engine to be perfect although 4 handles majority of the task really well. Hum, maybe I should n't make that wish since mpg was the other reason I bought RAV4. Or I should be smart enough to get a Hightlander or RX300. Anyway, compare to my old buddy - 94 camry, RAV4 is much better.