Used 2003 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

RAV 4 buyers beware
By The Pilot 2

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

MY RAV gets 24 MPG on highways while my Pilot gts 21MPG.Why the small difference. Both use premium gas and carry just my bag and lunch bag. Got rip off buying this car, swear will never get a TOYOTA, 6 of my co-workers got their cars from my Pilot dealer while 13 more are in line and gettin their first car. Its a personal crusade of mine to vear out every friend and acquaintance out from Toyota delearships

Favorite Features

Fun to drive,light and peppy,easy to park.

Suggested Improvements

Need better mileage, Make car bigeger like CRV, improve on panel instrumentation specially on lumbar support. Headrest Killing me, make suspension like that of a CRV

Carve up the backroads
By matt_in_motion

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Nice engine. Quiet. Excellent stereo. Superb handling. I drive 30 miles each way to work (27mpg). Back roads and 2 lane highway. I bought this SUV for the FT4WD and the stickshift. I didn't want a computer deciding when to engage the 4WD. I also test drove CRV, Saturn, Forester, Imprezza, others... I was really excited when I first purchased it. My wife likes it. Now after 3 months, I am very satisfied. I can't wait for a lot of snow this winter to test the FT4WD. With a rear-facing car seat, my 5'6" wife has 1" of kneeroom between the glovebox. Forward facing car-seat provides adequate room in front seat.

Favorite Features

Handling (steering, suspension). Excellent 6 speaker stereo. Interior design. Fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Add outside temp gauge!! The corolla has one!!! More rear legroom. With a rear-facing car seat, my 5'6" wife has 1" of kneeroom between the glovebox. Eliminate beep when locking/unlocking doors with factory alarm. Difficult to access CD's in center console.

Pleased With my RAV4
By RAV4_owner

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My RAV4 has been good to me since I bought it in June. I traded in my 2001 Honda Civic (which I liked) for maintenance and utility reasons. I do my own basic maintenance so being able to get under the vehicle is key. Now I'm also able to haul larger objects in the back and I am able to tow a jet ski which wasn't possible with the Civic. With the RAV4, I'm able to have a better gas mileage (relative to other SUVs).

Favorite Features

Exterior design; Toyota quality (take care of it and it will take care of you)

Suggested Improvements

Interior design could be a little more refined (like that of the Corolla); Integrate radio antenna into windshield; Larger engine displacement (perhaps 2.5L?)

could give beter gas Mileage
By Grayfox

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My experience with the vehicle was good I like about the vehicle we have lot of space.and if you could come with 6v models my dislike, are more driver legs space,mechanical problem are vehicle hesitate to go over hill some time and when are thay go to come out with that oxgen vehicle that only water are air come out of the tall pipe.

Favorite Features

my favorite features of the toyota Rav4 is the dash board the body of vehicle maining the Exterior colors and the performance

Suggested Improvements

my suggested improvement in the head light making them much clear white when on, (LED), have navegation sateilite systems instal in them. people do get lostwhen triveling long disance and beter engine inprovement

Great Car...our 1st Toyata
By Larry Floyd

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Thought we wanted another CRV Honda....didn't get a good feeling when calling around about stock...bought new RAV 4 instead...our first Toyota...we love it...wish Toyota made motorhomes...our Damon Ultrasport is a piece of junk compared to the Toyota...from now on...it's only Toyota for us...

Favorite Features

Solid feel, very fun to drive, quiet, except for the Toyo Radials..Ha..no rattles, easy to operate radio as we're almost 60 now....

Suggested Improvements

More Horsepower, easier rear seat removal, larger center arm rests...