2003 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Rhoda Tee
By rhodatee on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a very nice little suv vehicle for me. I travel a lot with my son and we can pack away our suitcases and still be comfortable and not crowded. It really serves my purpose

Great Little SUV
By James Thomas on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned several vehicles as well as other Toyotas and I can honestly say that the 2003 RAV4 S model is the most fun to drive. True, it is not a powerhouse, but it is not designed to be. The 4 wheel drive is flawless and I could not tell the difference between it and the 2 wheel drive model. The interior is the usual Toyota quality and the exterior is awesome.

My last Toyota
By shyam on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Since I bought this RAV4, I have taken this to the dealer more than 10 times to fix problems. I took this to fix the rattle noise from dash and other places more than 5 times. Couple of times to fix the engine light. Now it is back with the dealer to fix the engine light and this time they have to replace the Cat converter and the transmission. It has only 23k miles. This is my first and last toyota.

Great second car
By Skywarrior on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Superb small SUV. Especially useful as a second auto. Great in typical snow. Parks anywhere. Heater is very efficient, as is air conditioner. Skip the leather seats; quality is just so- so. I would/will buy again.

RAV4 is Great!
By Hampton on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my RAV4. I cannot say enough good about it. The fit and finish is excellent, performance is good and ride is good. I test drove the CRV and there is no comparison. The CRV felt and looked cheap and the controls were awkward.

Best value (for what it is!)
By Vamanos on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Thanks to all you reviewers who helped me decide against the CR-V and for the RAV4. Visually, it was no contest. CR- V may have 15 or so more horses, but it was way too conservative, bland and boring. My 12 year old Saturn had more style. The new Sport model with the Graphite Gray Pearl paint sold me. With gas at $2.00+ a gal., I'm pleased with the 4 cyl mileage (so far). Glad I chose the RAV 4 over the Saturn Vue, though for the money it is very close and I will miss the dent-free side panels. My mini RX 300 is functional, sexy, sporty and half the price of the Lexus. Gotta get the moon roof and wider wheels/tires to maximize comfort and handling.

Are we talking about the same car?
By ravenous on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

No power? Come on, this thing is plenty peppy! Absolutely no problem on entrance ramps. (OK, so I don't exactly live in hill country.) As for the sound system, mine's got bass to burn! And the controls are convenient and logical. The tweeters give it good presence. This car is a joy to drive, if a little bouncy in the ride. I suppose that's the tradeoff for its superior handling.

Rav4
By Dick Nelson on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Love the car....quick..starts at -20 and I even like the Stereo. Dislikes: Dash Squeaks and rattles and wind noise. Never owned a vehicle with such dash rattles. I have not yet had to dealer to correct rattles....

RAVing?
By TxRavDriver on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd toyota so far. These cars never disappoint me. Even my 95 corolla still runs well. I love my metallic blue 2003Rav4. It handles nicely, it has a fun-to-drive look to it. With gas prices getting higher, this car doesn't take much to fill and yet it gives you all the goodies of an SUV (without the guilt and expense). If you are looking for a fun car, this is it.

AWESOME!
By Johnny B on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 AWD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my RAV4-L! The way it handles and the quiet ride are a great selling point. I love the 4WD, fog lights, and the design inside and out. Everyone at work has complimented it and my family and friends love it too. This is my second Toyota and I know it's going to be as great as my first Toyota.