2003 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Best Car Ever!
By juliev on 04/08/09 12:33 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Rav for over 4 years, but almost 100,000 miles on it and aside from new brakes, tires and regular maintenance...I've never needed to do anything to it. I love this car, it's perfect for 2 adults and maybe one child and a dog. The only problem I have is the back seat is too small. We have a one year old, with one on they way and we need to upgrade....can't fit 2 car seats in the back unless you want your knees in the glovebox. Aside from back seat, it's a great car with room in the trunk for lots of stuff (including a giant stroller) and it drives great. I would recommend it to anyone!

great car
By Don on 09/02/08 09:32 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great car 4x2 model, gets 26 mpg hwy about 23-24 in town. I have had it since new now with 32k miles. Absolutely no problems. If I were to pick one negative issue if would be slightly underpowered with a.c on when in hilly areas. This is my 4th Toyota, i.e tacoma, tundra, yaris, all good vehicles. Paint on all Japenese cars is excellent. Try one, you will be happy.

Trustworthy Toyota
By Trustworthy Toyota on 07/27/07 11:36 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We've now had our RAV for 4 years and it's still running like new. We had a Corolla before this that had absolutely zero problems. I perform my own mechanic work so I thought I'd give some feedback in that respect. 55,000 miles with no oil leaks anywhere. Oil filter location is the easiest I've ever experienced. The motor has a timing chain, not a belt. Annoying rattle developed around the glove box and finally narrowed it down to plastic grommets that hold plastic panels under the windshield wipers. A design flaw in my opinion. The battery is tucked under this area which makes it difficult if you ever needed a jump start. We invested in a Black & Decker jump starter just in case.

RAV4 rates #1 for me!!!
By C.B. on 01/05/07 20:57 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Toyota. Let me list all the things I like about my RAV: it is easy to get into (not as tall as other SUVs), easier to see over the hood while driving, the back door swings from the side, the versatility and configurations of the back seats, the gas mileage, its pretty looks (definitely a girl's car), the short radius for turning, the brakes stopping on a dime. This is all that comes to mind, although I know there must be more regarding the motor and things like that. I believe this will be my last vehicle for many years to come.

I love my car
By Ravfan4life on 03/21/06 12:31 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have not had any problems with my lovely RAV since I drove it off the floor. I can use it to haul anything and it is comfortable and super fun to drive. It is a little light on the ice, but it handles Minnesota winters like a trooper.

sporty and fun
By ChiSox fan on 11/17/05 21:59 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We just traded in our "old man" Malibu for the Rav4 with sport package. It's very stylish and the ride is surprisingly smooth for an SUV. We needed a car that could transport our full-size cornholio (beanbag)game to tailgates outside the ballpark. The Rav didn't come with security/keyless entry, so we went to Bestbuy and had them install the complete keyless entry/security/remote start system which will be nice to have during the Chicago winters. The gas mileage is about the same as we had with the 6 cyl. Malibu. I love this SUV and look forward to many years of driving bliss!

Best Yet
By Big Pebble on 06/29/05 15:18 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

With a new house I wanted a pre-runner so I could haul things for projects, but it wouldn't fit in my garage so I went with the RAV4 and I've never regretted it. Yeah I can't haul 4x8 sheets of plywood around, but just about everything else. It's been a lot of fun to drive on vacation and business trips (especially with XM on board). From the moment I bought this I knew it was the right vehicle for me. And with gas prices soaring, it's 29 MPG is smart.

This Is My Car
By Jenn9919 on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far my RAV4 has been extremely pleasant to drive, easy to maneuver, and very reliable. I purchased this as my "dream car"-the one I always wanted, and I have not been disappointed, as we often are when we buy something we thought would be better than it is. The easily removable rear seats have made it perfect for taking my dogs camping, and I always have plenty of room for anything I need. I have moved my entire apartment (including all normal furniture, such as bed and sofa) twice in this "little" car. I'm exceptionally pleased with it.

It's a fun car
By webernoot on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota RAV4 SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've always wanted an SUV and I hit a homerun with this one. For a single person, it's the perfect size, its cute, sporty,comfortable, and so much fun to drive.

untitled
By G. Pond on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Great lettle SUV. I love it