2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Rock and Roll, but Rattles and Shakes
By Maybe on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great design in and out. Handles like a car with the advantage of sitting high. It puts a smile on my face. Great for around town and gas mileage is surprisingly good. I feel the king of the road (no more threatened by the size of monster SUVs). The inside is so roomy and practical yet so small and cute from the outside. Well this is for the “Rock and Roll” part… let’s talk about the “Rattles and Shakes”. Soon the rattling annoying noises crept up from somewhere in the back. The audio unit also buzz. It drives me crazy.I see that I’m not the only one complaining about it, so I’ll take an appointment with the dealer and raise hell if they do not fix it !

Nice but. . .
By Roe on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought the RAV-4, I think the car is cute and great to drive. But on long drives the seats are very uncomfortable.

Love My Rav!
By Rahooligans on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Wow what can I say!? I love my silver RAV4. Its been a pleasure to drive around the city and on the freeway. Initially I was a bit worried about the 4 cylinder engine, but I'll tell you that evn weighted down with apssengers and cargo I've been able to climb hills EASILY! Mileage is great in the city I get about 22 mpg. Don't listen to people who complain about this csr, I mean CONSUMER REPORTS RATED IT BEST FOR COMPACT SUVS! Thats right ahead of Ford Escape and even the new CRV!

Toyota has a winner with the new RAV4
By FormerJeepOwner on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in a Jeep Grand Cherokee on this vehicle & I am happy with the additional interior room on the RAV4 as well as the performance. I use my RAV4 for commuting and mainly city driving. The RAV4 has more head room than the Jeep and is more nimble to park and to drive in traffic. Add to that approx. 24-29 MPG vs. the Jeep's 16-20 MPG and the fuel saving start to add up. I recommend this car for reliability, resale value, quality of the engine/transmission & for 1-2 passengers especially. Great vehicle.

GreatMiniToyota SUV - Rava4
By Phyl on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought my new RAVA4- Sporty, good looking, comfortable, safe, cool, and all you could want in a SUV. Love the nice storage in the Cargo area.

A Year in Review ...
By chas215 on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

RAV4 is fun to drive. Like it alot but am disappointed with persistent rattle in sunroof (has been replaced but is still there) and other rattles in rear. Gas mileage is a huge disappointment , as well. But overall, it looks great and has a nice ride and adequate power for my purposes. No car/SUV is perfect. Just look at consumer discussions of luxury cars/SUV's. This one has many positives that allow me to accept the few negatives.

A Great Small SUV That Rides Like a Car
By JustBoughtaRAV on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is very comfortable, fun to drive, and rides quite nicely. I am tall, but there is still plenty of head and leg room. It's easy to get in and out of. You can sit straight up and still reach the wheel easily. The gas mileage is very good, so you don't have to pay the price for sitting high like most trucks and SUV's. The acceleration is very good for driving around town and getting up to 35-45 MPH. It seems more like a sports car to drive than your typical truck or SUV. Some people have complained of rattles, but I haven't noticed anything that bothers me. The CR-V was nice, but this is much more fun to drive.

So far, so good...
By Jwillis76 on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had the car a couple weeks, but I'm enjoying it a lot. Its high enough off the ground and fast enough to keep up with the big boys. I hope it stays as smooth of a ride now as in 5 years when I can finally pay it off!

You gotta get one
By RAV4Lover on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

NO REGRETS @ ALL! The engine is great don't listen to all that crap that its not, I HAVE ONE AND IT ROCKS!

Need Power Increase
By petarro on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Car is Excelent, now... the Power of the Car is not so good. The Car is not Powerfull