Used 2002 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Little worker.
By dbenhur

2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Comfortable for passengers even carrying four 6' adults. Solid build, reliable. A little underpowered, but adequate. Highly fuel efficient _for_ an SUV. Great traction in light to moderate snow.

Rear seats come out completely with a minutes work -- carry four full bales of hay easy.

Five more inches of body length would let it carry 8' long lumber inside the vehicle without putting 'em on and scratching up the dash. The battery cover is nearly impossible to remove without tools.

Best vehicle I've ever owned! BAR NONE!
By Laura Loves her Rav4

2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Never bought anything but American before, but after owning my Rav4, I'm hooked! I've loved my Rav4 for 3.5 yrs, and I'm shopping for another one! It went thru snow, held its traction in heavy rain. It's never failed to get good gas mileage. Never failed to start. In the Toyota maintenence dept ONLY for oil changes and scheduled maint.. And talk about holding it's value... this is the 1st time I have had a vehicle that is worth MORE than what I owe on it!

It's cute! Plus it's small enough to be good on gas, but big enough to haul stuff! Removable back seats are EASY to take in and out. All dash and front console areas are easy reach for driver. Plenty of power sources for all electronic gadgets!

Power front seats is the ONLY thing this suv is missing!

Our 2nd Rav 4, we take another!
By Randy

2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We already own a 1998 Rav 4 with 168000 miles and not a single trip to the repair shop. We purchased the 2002 Rav 4 for a 2nd vehicle and would recommend the Rav4 to anyone interested in purchasing a small, economical and fun to drive vehicle. I hope Toyota makes this model for 20 more years. I drove our 1998 Rav4 through 11 inches of snow on unplowed roads last January and passed many vehicles that were larger and stuck.

Room for cargo when you need it , and gas milage.

None

a perfect 10
By Steve

2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great dependable, economic, SUV. Comfort plenty of pep over the summit to Tahoe.

Layout of front very good, cup holders radio all controls clear and easy to reach and work

none, great the way it is.

It's Ravulous!
By My Rav4

2002 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Rav4. It's got plenty of room and great gas mileage. Since mine has a manual transmission it seems to have that extra pick up and it responds well. I still think it's a cool car to look at. It has some inexplicible dings and a little problem with the tire cover wearing out at the seams, and problems with the computer chips caused me to go back to the dealership a few times, but I still love my car.

The room, the extra height (compared to a regular car) and the gas mileage are the pluses.

I wish they would use more durable sheet metal so the car wouldn't ding so easily.