Used 2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 115 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

My Rav
By Roberta

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of the best cars that I have ever had, It is small easy to handle and roomy enough for long legs.

Easy to get in and out of, storage room in the back is easy to open and is high enough that items can be easily stored.

I feel that the back seat area has a lot of road noisy, this could possible be eleminated with more carpet or insulation.

Compact SUV, fun to drive
By photog4fun

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my RAV4 for 4 1/2 yrs. now and it has been one of the best cars that I've owned in the past 35 yrs. Top qualities that I love: 1. Higher viewing position compared to a sedan 2. Short, compact with plenty of room inside 3.Comfortable seats, easy to reach radio, good drink holders, nice ride 4. 24-26 mpg mostly highway travel 5. Highly reliable car with almost no mechanical problems over the past 80,000 miles Cons: 1. Slippery in icy conditions 2. Body dings easily

New Buyer
By LJennetti66

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2002 Toyota RAV4's exterior on the L-series model is the best around. It truly looks similar to a BMW from the side and is inexpensive to boot. I have found nothing but good reviews on the vehicle and it is fun to drive! It's spacious and fuel efficient and I can't think of a better small SUV to make it through winter and cruise through summer in!!!

It's tiny and economical! The colors these come in are fun and flashy but still respectable and classic, the interior is surprisingly roomy, so much that a family of 4 could easily take a quick road trip comfortably. It's elegant enough for a serious job, but still sporty enough for a teenager!

Why mess with perfection? It may only be 4 CYL., but you don't have to sell your home to pay for gas!

I love my Rav4 not ever getting rid of i
By Pamela

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have 2 cars, but this is the one I use to go on long trips, out of state etc. You can't beat it for bringing kids and a dog, ice chest and suit cases, not to mention I can get from Nashville,TN. to New Orleans, LA. on 1 tank of gas!! Of course I take good care of my Rav, I get all the oil changes and 60 point inspections etc. You can not beat this car for comfort and economy.

Easy to drive, great on gas!

I would like it to be more quiet, you can hear the outside noise over the radio.

Outstanding
By Dawnette

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving this car, I get in and out of traffic very well in this car.

The compact size of the vehicle.

The cd player can be upgraded, they can put some vents in the back so the air conditioning reach the back passenger faster.