Used 2002 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

New Buyer
By LJennetti66

2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2002 Toyota RAV4's exterior on the L-series model is the best around. It truly looks similar to a BMW from the side and is inexpensive to boot. I have found nothing but good reviews on the vehicle and it is fun to drive! It's spacious and fuel efficient and I can't think of a better small SUV to make it through winter and cruise through summer in!!!

It's tiny and economical! The colors these come in are fun and flashy but still respectable and classic, the interior is surprisingly roomy, so much that a family of 4 could easily take a quick road trip comfortably. It's elegant enough for a serious job, but still sporty enough for a teenager!

Why mess with perfection? It may only be 4 CYL., but you don't have to sell your home to pay for gas!

I love my Rav4 not ever getting rid of i
By Pamela

2002 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have 2 cars, but this is the one I use to go on long trips, out of state etc. You can't beat it for bringing kids and a dog, ice chest and suit cases, not to mention I can get from Nashville,TN. to New Orleans, LA. on 1 tank of gas!! Of course I take good care of my Rav, I get all the oil changes and 60 point inspections etc. You can not beat this car for comfort and economy.

Easy to drive, great on gas!

I would like it to be more quiet, you can hear the outside noise over the radio.

Outstanding
By Dawnette

2002 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving this car, I get in and out of traffic very well in this car.

The compact size of the vehicle.

The cd player can be upgraded, they can put some vents in the back so the air conditioning reach the back passenger faster.

It's Ravulous
By Camille Saccente

2002 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love to drive my Rav4. Fortunately, having a manual transmission helps with giving me that extra pick up when I need it and it helps me get excellent gas mileage. My Rav4 averages between 25-30 MPG in mixed driving situations. The only issue I had was with a computer chip that, once corrected, has not given me any more trouble. Although at times I have considered getting a new car, I'm having a hard time giving up a vehicle that has been so good to me. I wouldn't be surprised if it's still running after 200,000 miles. It has 80,000 miles already and still feels like a new car.

I love the way the seats can come out if needed. I also love the way the back opens sideways. And the gas mileage is great!

The body seems to get dings easily.

I Love My RAV4
By RAV4 4-DOOR 4X2

2002 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have liked my RAV4 since the day I bought it. It is a fun car to drive and is very reliable. I have under 25,000 miles on my RAV4 so I will have it for many years to come. I bought my RAV4 on-line and it was a very easy process. I was able to find the exact RAV4 I wanted, in the exact color I wanted. Buy one you'll like it.

I like the way it drives, the way it looks, and the way it handles on the road.

The only improvement I would make is to have a larger space in the back, but I think the newer models do have larger interiors.