2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Little worker.
By dbenhur on 05/18/06 17:28 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Comfortable for passengers even carrying four 6' adults. Solid build, reliable. A little underpowered, but adequate. Highly fuel efficient _for_ an SUV. Great traction in light to moderate snow.

Best vehicle I've ever owned! BAR NONE!
By Laura Loves her Rav4 on 02/10/06 20:20 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Never bought anything but American before, but after owning my Rav4, I'm hooked! I've loved my Rav4 for 3.5 yrs, and I'm shopping for another one! It went thru snow, held its traction in heavy rain. It's never failed to get good gas mileage. Never failed to start. In the Toyota maintenence dept ONLY for oil changes and scheduled maint.. And talk about holding it's value... this is the 1st time I have had a vehicle that is worth MORE than what I owe on it!

Our 2nd Rav 4, we take another!
By Randy on 10/28/05 21:28 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We already own a 1998 Rav 4 with 168000 miles and not a single trip to the repair shop. We purchased the 2002 Rav 4 for a 2nd vehicle and would recommend the Rav4 to anyone interested in purchasing a small, economical and fun to drive vehicle. I hope Toyota makes this model for 20 more years. I drove our 1998 Rav4 through 11 inches of snow on unplowed roads last January and passed many vehicles that were larger and stuck.

a perfect 10
By Steve on 10/11/05 20:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great dependable, economic, SUV. Comfort plenty of pep over the summit to Tahoe.

It's Ravulous!
By My Rav4 on 09/01/05 18:41 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Rav4. It's got plenty of room and great gas mileage. Since mine has a manual transmission it seems to have that extra pick up and it responds well. I still think it's a cool car to look at. It has some inexplicible dings and a little problem with the tire cover wearing out at the seams, and problems with the computer chips caused me to go back to the dealership a few times, but I still love my car.

My New-used RAV4
By sapphiretiger on 05/14/05 00:09 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far so Good!! This isn't the vehicle I originally planned on purchasing. A lot of people were telling me no don't get an Suv, they burn too much gas. But my Rav4 is just as good on gas mileage as my car was. It's comfortable and I like to sit up a bit higher now. For my needs it has plenty of room. Went on weekend get-away with my boyfriend and my dog; now the dog loves it too; he always wants to go for a ride in it. I like that being a Toyota it should retain its value fairly well. OVERALL SATISFIED; THE CONS ARE MINOR. luv4myrav4

Nothing to Ever Worry About
By Teresa Mitchem on 01/29/05 06:51 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In 2.5 years I've put 61,000 miles on my beloved Rav4 and have never had one problem. I give it routine maintenance and drive it with confidence that it'll last me another 200,000 miles. Love that Toyota quality!

I love my Rav 4!!
By haylieplum on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car and I love it. It is so much fun to drive. I got the all black one and it's so sleek to look at. It looks like a smaller BMW suv. I love all the options I have on mine and I love the reliability of everything.

The best option....
By dschauf on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my RAV4 in August of '02 and I have had a great experience. I have friends that have large gas guzzler SUV's that think my RAV is too small. That is not the case. It has hauled everything from a 36" TV to all of our gear for a weekend of camping while getting 25 - 30 mpg. It is best balance of economy, cargo hauling capability and comfort.

GOOD CAR FOR SHORT PEOPLE
By MARK SCHOLZ on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

IS MY WIFE'S CAR, SHE LOVES IT AND I DON'T MIND IT. ACCELERATION IS SLUGGISH UNLESS YOU FLOOR IT THEN IT TAKES OFF. WE HAVE DRIVEN IT TO FLORIDA 3 TIMES (3000MILES) AND I WAS VERY COMFORTABLE (6'3") MY ONLY COMPLAINTS ARE; PASSENGER POWER MIRROR HAS LIMITED ADJUSTABILITY CAN'T PUT IT HIGH ENOUGH TO SEE WELL. WIND NOISE FROM WINDSHIELD AT 65 MPH AND ABOVE. i PUT A K+N FILTER ON IT WHICH HELPED MILEAGE AND PERFORMANCE. WE AVERAGE 24 MPG CITY AND HIGHWAY. 28MPG IS THE BEST WE'VE SEEN (4X4 AUTO) WHEN I DRIVE I GET ABOUT 23 MPG ON THE HIGHWAY DOING WELL OVER 65. DON'T BOTHER WITH THE ANTILOCK BRAKES, YOU DON'T NEED THEM. NOTHING HAS BROKE. HAPPY WITH QUALITY