2002 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
MY TOY
By rab264 on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My sister purchased a 2001 Rav4 and I went with her when she picked it out and purchased. I immediately feel in love with it. I purchased my in September, 2001 and really enjoy driving it. It is perfect for me as I have arthritus in my knees and the fact that I can step down makes it alot easier.

Toyota Rav4
By Car and Driver on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

nice small suv much better than the new crv and all the other small sized suv's

YOu Love it Or you hate it.
By GEORGES on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have nothing to say about this car ...power is adequate and handling is great....But options are very expensive. Good SUV

Unsurpassed Quality
By coda1970 on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well optioned 4x4, L package, power door locks/windows/moonroof. Looks very sporty, recieved several compliments. I bought it for the wife, I wasn't fond of cute-utes. Fell in love with it after first 100 miles. Unbelievably stable, even in 35 mile cross winds.

Shocks & Struts need replacing
By redwards on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It is a value-priced auto.

Great around-town car!
By pcd on 03/12/02 16:01 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my all wheel drive RAV4 for one year now. Only problem I had was a check engine light came on once, took it in to the dealership and it was corrected (nothing serious). It is a great car for errands, city driving and shorter trips. I've taken it on one long trip and wished it had an 8-way power adjustable seat with more support, and more insulation against road noise. No complaints about interior rattles except for the lock on the glove box, sometimes buzzes.

fun
By skepticboy on 03/11/02 21:49 PM (PST)

nice cheap cool

Great Fun and Works for my Business
By Weaselboy on 03/09/02 23:03 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the RAV4 as a work vehicle and it has performed outstanding. Gets the attention I like and the work done. Everyone in the office loves it. The roof rack rattles a bit and the brakes squeal sometimes when stopping ( they are not worn either). Other than that no problems and the ones listed are minor and intermittent.

Like it so far
By Dave Gogebic on 03/06/02 21:46 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased it. Fit and finish is excellent - but did have a cowling rattle that needed to be fixed. Really fun to drive and very quiet. I have the 5 speed which matches up great with the spunky engine. Handling is awesome! Interior room is great and loads of head room. It drives like a sports car but has an incredible amount of interior room for such a small vehicle.

Who need a Huge SUV?
By New Toyota Owner on 03/06/02 16:26 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a great purchase. There is plenty of room inside. Shortly after purchasing the car, I loaded up my wife, two kids, a cocker spaniel, a llasa apso and a rabbit and set off on a 750 mile trip for Christmas at Grandma's. The RAV4 handled the roof top carrier much better than the Olds Bravada I had had before. I never felt as though the RAV4 was unstable. Even loaded down I managed 27 mpg.