Used 2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

It's Ravulous!
By My Rav4

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Rav4. It's got plenty of room and great gas mileage. Since mine has a manual transmission it seems to have that extra pick up and it responds well. I still think it's a cool car to look at. It has some inexplicible dings and a little problem with the tire cover wearing out at the seams, and problems with the computer chips caused me to go back to the dealership a few times, but I still love my car.

The room, the extra height (compared to a regular car) and the gas mileage are the pluses.

I wish they would use more durable sheet metal so the car wouldn't ding so easily.

My New-used RAV4
By sapphiretiger

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far so Good!! This isn't the vehicle I originally planned on purchasing. A lot of people were telling me no don't get an Suv, they burn too much gas. But my Rav4 is just as good on gas mileage as my car was. It's comfortable and I like to sit up a bit higher now. For my needs it has plenty of room. Went on weekend get-away with my boyfriend and my dog; now the dog loves it too; he always wants to go for a ride in it. I like that being a Toyota it should retain its value fairly well. OVERALL SATISFIED; THE CONS ARE MINOR. luv4myrav4

I like the cargo cover- it's convenient to have that privacy when you go shopping or just want to stash something without it being seen I also like that it has 2 power outlets 1 front & 1 back (great idea for campers and travelers) The alarm & seatbelt minders although a pesky saved big $$ on insurance

I do miss having automatic on/off headlights (the buzzer is really annoying) A little more pick up wouldn't hurt and a slightly smoother ride would be great. I really wish the windows were Tinted standard. Interior lighting -why orange?And come on people the horn is a joke like RoadRunner Meep meep!

Nothing to Ever Worry About
By Teresa Mitchem

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In 2.5 years I've put 61,000 miles on my beloved Rav4 and have never had one problem. I give it routine maintenance and drive it with confidence that it'll last me another 200,000 miles. Love that Toyota quality!

It's a great small SUV, solid, roomy, great style--love the "refrigerator" back door. Lots of room in the back--my Mom's wheel chair fits perfectly.

Quieter wind shield wipers.

I love my Rav 4!!
By haylieplum

2002 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car and I love it.
It is so much fun to drive. I got the
all black one and it's so sleek to look
at. It looks like a smaller BMW suv. I
love all the options I have on mine and
I love the reliability of everything.

Great turning radius, handles so well in rain, great heater and AC, doors lock when you put it into drive, cool drink holders that adapt to cup size, many radio presets, windshield wiper on back window,

The steering wheel sits kind of high. i wish it were lower. A little more power when going up hills.

The best option....
By dschauf

I purchased my RAV4 in August of '02
and I have had a great experience. I
have friends that have large gas
guzzler SUV's that think my RAV is too
small. That is not the case. It has
hauled everything from a 36" TV to all
of our gear for a weekend of camping
while getting 25 - 30 mpg. It is best
balance of economy, cargo hauling
capability and comfort.

Comfortable seats, ability to take out back seats, low load floor, Toyota reliability

Make a Hybrid