2002 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Pretty Happy So Far
By Okay in KY on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, we really like our Rav4. My wife is the main driver. She wanted something smaller than a van, but still wanted to sit higher than a car. I'm still trying to get used to the arrangement of the dash. The speedometer is in a large circle to the left. ( I look for it in the middle.) The tach is smaller and in the middle. The fuel gauge and the temp gauge are in a large circle to the right. The front bumper/grill seems mostly plastic/vinyl. The rear bumper is almost nonexistant. There are two narrow "bumps" - one on each side. Nothing in the middle because of the spare tire. So far, the rattles have not been bad.

I love my Toyota Rav4!!!
By elefante on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have only had the Rav for a month now but we LOVE it after a Dodge Caravan. Much better handling and reliability. Smooth handling. 'Sure-footed' on slippery roads. Nice mileage. Lots of room. Love the adjustable front driver's seat. Acceleration on highway might seem slow for a few seconds but suddenly 'you're there' and going at top speed.

The Safety Factor
By gnikgnik on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2001 RAV4. Last Wednesday night, my brother had an accident on the freeway - he ran headfirst into the center divider doing 70 MPH and walked away without a scratch. If you are looking for a reliable, safe car that gets good gas mileage then the RAV4 is a great vehicle.

Not so good Toyota
By Xpat on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Rough ride, extremely noisy - cannot hear radio or people talk on the road, uncomfortable, cannot see the dashboard from the steering wheel, hard to fold/remove rear seats, not enough power/fade-out on hills.

Lemon
By Rav Junk on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle since I bought it. I have had it back to the dealership 4 times for a rattle in the dash board. On the third visit, the service tech severely damaged the dash board and surrounding components. Rattle still there. Filed under the Lemon Law. I can't wait to get rid of it!

I own one
By Cole on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Rav4 is the loaded one that everone loved but didnt want to pay the price well i did and i love it

The Getaway Ride
By Ronaldus on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great small truck to get away for a quick weekend trip with just enough room for 4.. and it saves you money on gas!

Love the Rav!
By oneknightonly on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great handling - I love being up a little higher that in a car but yet still having the "drive" of a car. It is extremly well built - love the looks and would definetly recommend it to everyone!

No problems...
By BigEd on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for a little over 2 months now and am very pleased with it. It's fun to drive, handles well, and gets great gas mileage (for an SUV). Recommended!

Great Mom Who Looks Single SUV
By Former Camry Lover on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It was a shock after I bought it because I was used to the comfort of a Camry; however, after driving it for a weekend, I fell in love with it. Now my daughter looks forward to riding in it and it is just too much fun to drive!