2001 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: A fun car

2001 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

A fun car
By ToyRaver on

2001 Toyota RAV4 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have the AWD L edition. I've had this car for 5 yrs already and have 52k mi. It's a nimble car, pretty good ride and pretty good looking. The only problems I find are the low 17 mpg avg in NYC, very noisy in fast traffic and the brakes. It has very good handling. Worked great in the snow, but then again we rarely get snow here. We've been using Amsoil synthetic in the engine and the gears. Overall it's a great car to have w/ the main exception of the poor mileage. I've already had the 02 check engine light and the charcoal canister engine light too. For now, I had the comp upgrade, still waiting on my 02/cata conver disaster known for 01's.

I really like the mirror defoggers! The car seats in the back can be removed to add more stuff or just moved up or down. Very versatile car.

Better gas mileage. Less noise in the interior when riding. Car is a bit bumpy, but hey, it's not a caddy.